bragging rights on 3 ft c band???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

icu1954

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2010
lower alabama
hi,guys i have been surfing on other sites and has come across differant people bragging about getting c band on 3 ft. offset dishes with just c band lnb's...i am still new to this hobby,and from what i have learned this can't be done...is this just some kind of rip off to get you to buy c band lnb's ?

it is possible to get some of the VERY STRONG TPs if your aim is 100% correct....and you are using a good scalar ring, good LNB and have perfect focal distance.....it would not be very reliable though and you might get pixelation at times....i have had c-band reception on a 36 inch dish before....but as i said not reliable....

i cant say its out of the question and not possible....you would have to be very experienced to do this....and as i said you would only pickup a few limited and strong TPs....

I know a lot of us have tinkered with the "mini-bud" including me. Yeah I could get like 2 or 3 channels on a couple sats but that was it. Was more headache for me to spend 1/2 a day tweaking a dish to get 2 points to make the signal stable.

The 4 footers would be the minimum I would go if you do that...the 6 footers are better ;)

I know a lot of us have tinkered with the "mini-bud" including me. Yeah I could get like 2 or 3 channels on a couple sats but that was it. Was more headache for me to spend 1/2 a day tweaking a dish to get 2 points to make the signal stable.

The 4 footers would be the minimum I would go if you do that...the 6 footers are better ;)

agreed....it is not worth the hassle....i didnt spend much time on mine....i had a ku-band motorized dish already setup and i stuck a c-band lnb on it....i was surprised when i pulled in a few channels....i was not expecting it....

hi,guys i have been surfing on other sites and has come across differant people bragging about getting c band on 3 ft. offset dishes with just c band lnb's...i am still new to this hobby,and from what i have learned this can't be done...is this just some kind of rip off to get you to buy c band lnb's ?

It's not a ripoff, but , as has been said, that small a dish will get a couple channels, ones that you don't want to watch anyway. My motorized 1.2M dish got quite a bit of useful programming from C-band, but not nearly as much as my new 6 footer. If you want to spend money , get the cheap 6 footer from WSI, and you'll have a nice little hobby just getting it set up. :)

Now if you want to save money go out and find a used 7.5 or larger C-Band dish that has small mesh holes and you'll get a lot from one.

like the others... I could only get a couple Cband channels to lock with a 39" dish...

I would say a 6 footer is the min for Cband... it will still bring in a bunch of channels...

I did not try the 3ft, but I did do the 4ft (1.2Meter). I locked it on 91W for KU Band first then swapped the LNB out for C-Band.

It took a lot of time and a lot of tweaking using a professional sat meter (SuperBuddy 29), but I have 91W C-Band locked. CW, FMC, etc.

It's ugly since it is temporary, but it works fine.

Attachments

• 1.2MwC_BAND 003.JPG
    1.2MwC_BAND 003.JPG
    323.2 KB · Views: 229
  • 1.2MwC_BAND 001.JPG
    1.2MwC_BAND 001.JPG
    250.4 KB · Views: 216
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts