Brand New Coolsat 5000 Platinum

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yea, I'm with Pro.
Maximum $50 delivered, and they'll likely go for a little less.

Wouldn't it be funny, if the original factory cranked out some more?
I'm sure what you found is old stock that never sold, though. :)

edit:
...and don't forget, there were "clones", though I'm thinking maybe they were just "unauthorized" factory production (?)

Thanks to both of you, that's what I was thinking. I asked because I found one on ePray for $56 shipped and it's a new/old stock item and it's black too. I've seen a lot of them on eBay lately (all silver) and even the used ones are selling for at least $50 and up. I couldn't see buying another used nightmare so I took the plunge and bought the new one. I've heard so much about these that I thought I'd get one to add to my collection. Who knows, maybe some day I'll start my own receiver museum, lol

McG, for some reason it seems that the CS 5K & 6Ks have gone up in price a little in the last couple of months.

I bought a couple of used CS 6Ks about 3-4 months ago for around $35 each, shipped, and have been watching them since, haven't seen many (any?) go that cheap for a while.

If that is a new factory CS 5000, I think you got a decent deal and will be very happy with it. :up

I believe Coolsats are being used again for hacking so that might be the reason for the price hike on ebay. I also bought a few for under $30 (some in like new shape), but haven´t seen those prices anymore.

There are quite a few of super deals I've seen lately, I had recently stumbled across a eBay listing that was posted just minutes before I saw it, I bought a brand new in the box Nfusion Solaris for $23 shipped, yes it's true! I snagged it faster than a blink of an eye. The seller said he just moved and couldn't use it because the landlord said he couldn't have any dishes so he practically gave his equipment away. I got the Solaris and it is indeed a brand new stb sealed in the factory wrap still. You just have to keep your eye open for these deals. It makes up for the few extra dollars I may have spent for the CS5K and more. :)

There are quite a few of super deals I've seen lately, I had recently stumbled across a eBay listing that was posted just minutes before I saw it, I bought a brand new in the box Nfusion Solaris for $23 shipped, yes it's true! I snagged it faster than a blink of an eye. The seller said he just moved and couldn't use it because the landlord said he couldn't have any dishes so he practically gave his equipment away. I got the Solaris and it is indeed a brand new stb sealed in the factory wrap still. You just have to keep your eye open for these deals. It makes up for the few extra dollars I may have spent for the CS5K and more. :)

sounds like a steal:up your giving me bad ideas! I Have two receivers + a usb for the computer and i don't even have my disk perfectly aligned yet:)

I ended up with a Coolsat 6000 premium off Craigslist for $50, new in the box. I don't have it hooked up yet, (and I don't really know what I'm doing yet, either) but I figure if it's good enough for Iceberg, it's certainly good enough for me!

Good DEAL!

Way to go McGuyver! You know, it's good to see you grabbing up these receivers, maybe you can write some ideas on how to improve them. I think it's great to see them get put to use for FTA!

Thanks! McGuyver!

For anyone just getting their feet wet in FTA and especially with a motorized system, you cannot beat one of these early model Coolsats. Their ease of use allows you to concentrate on and enjoy the rest of the satellite information without all the distractions of bells and whistles that are not necessary.

I'd hate to say how much they are really worth, as the E-Bay'ers would start jacking up their prices! $50 for one of these is a no-brainer! You can't pass them up (unless you already have a dozen or so) :D

RADAR

Coolsat, better firmware:

Whenever the subject of Coolsat 5000 or 6000 FTA receivers comes up, it's always wise to remind folks that this non-hack, third-party firmware cleans up a few remaining factory faults.
And now we just call 'em -mature- , not early models... :)

Whenever the subject of Coolsat 5000 or 6000 FTA receivers comes up, it's always wise to remind folks that this non-hack, third-party firmware cleans up a few remaining factory faults.
And now we just call 'em -mature- , not early models... :)

Anole,

This is an excellent point, indeed. From that source, a Coolsat 5K or 6K owner can find updates and support beyond the factory firmware which helps a great deal. It isn't often that you find this level of support for older and more mature equipment. :up

RADAR

Coolsat 5000 info

I don't know if this is very useful or not or wether it really makes any difference at all really in terms of reliability, quality etc.. but here is some info on coolsat 5000
clones vs so called genuine ones.

I love my CS 5000; thanks Iceberg for your review a while back, it's what made me get one from ebay. I know it's old news now but it is very nice for my situation.

Attachments

• cs5clone.pdf
    904 KB · Views: 323
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts