Braves in Kansas City

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mgantt87

Original poster
Aug 26, 2009
Kansas City
I just moved to Kansas City from Columbia, SC and I was apparently to naive to realize that I wouldn't get the Atlanta Braves games out here. I realized that they would not be on the local RSN, but I assumed I would be able to get them with the sports pack (which I had when I lived in SC). I had the install done last Saturday and I was unable to get the game on Saturday night, so I called and the cs rep. couldn't figure out why it said "721, channel not purchased." She said she would have the engineers look into it and that I should have my channels and games. Well, here we are 4 days later and I still wasn't able to get any games. I called again only to be told that professional games are not covered in the sports pack unless they are local.

So, on to the real question. Do I have any options other than getting the extra innings package?

If I were to "move" back to SC would I get the local RSN (FSN South)? Would I lose the big four networks? I figure the spotbeam obviously won't cover me, but will I get the big four at all? What will show up in the guide for those channels if they don't come through? Will "moving" cause any other issues that I haven't thought about here?

Thanks, and any help would be appreciated.

You are most likely a result of the League's blackout / DMA rules. DirecTV will have no way to legally circumvent these rules. You can go to their website and type in your service zip code and it will tell you what you can receive in your area.

If I were to "move" back to SC would I get the local RSN (FSN South)? Would I lose the big four networks?

All locals except for NY & LA are on spotbeams so you'd lose the networks
you would get the RSN's for that area (FSN South & Sport south)

You are most likely a result of the League's blackout / DMA rules. DirecTV will have no way to legally circumvent these rules. You can go to their website and type in your service zip code and it will tell you what you can receive in your area.

I already know what I get. I can see the Royals and Broncos through the RSN. I know what the problem is, I'm just asking for some solutions.

Is there anyway to get the LA or NY big four as well as FSN and SportSouth?

sorry but based on your original post it didn't sound like you knew 100% what the issue was, but good luck with it.

Is there anyway to get the LA or NY big four as well as FSN and SportSouth?

The ONLY way would be to "move" (you address) back to SC (or any area that is part of the FSN/SS local area), then you would have do an RV waiver, that would enable you to get NY or LA.

Other than that, nope...

Why not just get MLB Extra Innings?

I was thinking the same thing. Seems like we're overlooking the obvious solution. It's not cheap, but it sounds like you'd use it enough to make it worthwhile.

Also, depending on where you live in the KC area you can get the local nets just fine with an antenna. I live just SW of KC and have a ChannelMaster 4221. All of the KC towers are 42 degrees from me, so it's a simple straight shot.

Just get MLB Extra Innings or depending how long you were with Directv try lets make a deal for MLB. Maybe they can do something. its nice that you are dedicated to the Braves. I have MLB Extra Innings and watch all the teams. However, I watch few Braves games because Peachtree TV is not a good picture and horrible announcers(Whole another issue)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)