Bravo HD dropouts

Character Zero

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2008
I get dropouts every 10-15 mins on Bravo HD. The picture breaks up a the audio drops out. Its only for a second. The channel is coming from 61.5 and (almost?) everything else HD comes from that sat also and I have had no problems with anything else. Is this issue on Dish's end, or mine?

I just switched from DirectV to dishnetwork 10 days ago. And since then I've had this same issue with Bravo HD. I've had the installers come out 4 times, and I told them it was fine in CNN HD (same sat same transp) but they kept moving around the dish and testing it etc etc.

After the fourth visiting (and well over 10+ hours of work) they finally reasoned it out and figured it HAD to be the uplink problem. So, they called Dish and reported the problem.

So, I'm switching to SD BRAVO for now, but one of my receivers has a TIVO connected to it and I can't figure out how to tell the receiver to go to SD version of Bravo (129) when it punches in 129.

FYI, I live in Central Florida...do the others that are experiencing this live in florida too? Let me know if it gets any better for you...I'll do that same..

It happens to me too... but WITH Bravo, A&E, CNN and the History Channel. It was windy though. IS there a way to resolve that?

I sent a complaint to Bravo about it using the contact form on their website... which, for what it's worth, still says they have no intention of launching an HD channel anytime soon.

I have had this same problem for a good while. Dish sent a technician and modifications were made to my dish (replace LNB, etc). However, the problem has continued to plague me. I am glad you sent the info to them. They were going to send another tech out...I felt that the problem was not on my end.

I got a reply from the email I sent to the address upthread. It says they think they have fixed the issue. I am not home to check so I hope its fixed for tonight.

I got a reply from the email I sent to the address upthread. It says they think they have fixed the issue. I am not home to check so I hope its fixed for tonight.

I got the same email. It said that they did indentify the problems I told them about and the engineers had fixed it.

Well I won't likely be seeing anything on Bravo until the next season of Project Runway, hopefully it's fixed by then.

Well I won't likely be seeing anything on Bravo until the next season of Project Runway, hopefully it's fixed by then.
You mean you are happy that your wife wont complain about the dropouts anymore?? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)