Breaking Bad fans, confirm your recording order for 9/29

I do have primetime recording and various other shows scheduled for recording. I also connected external HD with 230 GB. The Hopper has 1TB hard drive. Is it enough space to record all episodes?

I've got a bunch of episodes recorded and they range from ~(1.5 to 2)GB in size. Probably about 105GB for the 60+ episodes. HD of course.

As Lucky86 said "96 timers 576 max events"
The number of timers is easily checked in the DVR : Timers, but the max events is sum of all the events in those timers. So that limit can sneak up on you if your pattern to match is too loose. It can be improved by an Exact Match if it is not too long. Dish give us an event count! Please.

The size of HD Satellite recordings in usually 1.4 to 2.5 GB/hr. Letter-boxed and more so Window-boxed (shutter) recording can be less. I have some "regular" recordings to 2.8 GB/hr of program. OTA (MPEG-2) will run twice those numbers (I have some to 7 GB/hr) and Satellite SD (WA) half as much with MPEG-4 SD (EA) even less.

KAB yes the Hopper has a 2TB drive but we are only allowed to use 1.2 TB. That's a large reserve for VOD and downloads.

-Ken

I've seen individual timers hit a limit (around 50) even if those 50 events only go out a few days. As more events get recorded, the later events will "roll in" to the timer event list keeping the total events around 50. Once Wednesday's events get recorded, you'll see more of Saturday's and Sunday's shows set to record.

Thanks! This must be why they only set up to record through Saturday.

I have set up a timer to catch all of the episodes too. Since it's round the clock starting tonight, does that mean the nightly update will be deferred until there is no activity on the hopper??

As Lucky86 said "96 timers 576 max events"
The number of timers is easily checked in the DVR : Timers, but the max events is sum of all the events in those timers. So that limit can sneak up on you if your pattern to match is too loose. It can be improved by an Exact Match if it is not too long. Dish give us an event count! Please.

-Ken
If i understand your post correctly:

If you go to the daily schedule through the DVR it shows the total number of events set to record for that period at the top next to the picture on the screen. If you set it to show skipped timers also, it will show the total for events skipped and all.

I don't see anywhere where it shows the number of shows scheduled to record for each timer for the current schedule.

Last edited:
Yes, I just found the DVR/Daily Schedule showing the total event scheduled just before this post. Thanks. I was verifying timers in my list and this took a long time. I had to re-arrange the timer priorities to not block some 1-time network shows, especially with the new season. I guess you have to put those 1-time shows first and the many repeats last. Maybe someone can flesh out that rule, please.

There are the number of events and conflicts for the current and next day for individual timers on the DVR/Timers page but it would be nice to have that for more days (best) or at least summed for the week, say, and as that requires looking at each timer, maybe total numbers, too. Is that too much for a quickie page?

-Ken

I have set up a timer to catch all of the episodes too. Since it's round the clock starting tonight, does that mean the nightly update will be deferred until there is no activity on the hopper??

I would think so. It won't be able to reboot during your recordings.

I also decided to record all the Breaking Bad shows on my 722 leading up to the final show on Sunday. I cleared everything off the DVR and calculated how many of the early episodes I would need to watch and delete before Sunday so they would all fit. (I know I should have gotten an external drive.) But I'm finding after recording 26 episodes, about 29 hours worth, it's deleting the earlier recorded shows one by one as it records the new ones.

I thought there was about 55 hours of HD space on a 722, but it's acting like I've maxed out the drive at about 29 hours. I don't get it. Is there some setting I have wrong? The DVR page says I have 44hours of HD space remaining which is obviously incorrect. Thanks -Ken

You probably have the timer set to the max # of events, which defaults to 20. After 20 events are recorded, the oldest ones will be deleted as additional ones are recorded.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)