Breaking DirecTV News:

Status
Please reply by conversation.
lovswr said:
That car analogy does not work. If you (for example like my elderly Aunt Helen) hardly ever drive, then the car dealer owes you money at the end of the lease term. With D* that upfront fee (that is what it is) is gone forever.

No, never, naaaa. it's not a deposit, like on a rental. Car dealer owes you, 6 leases on my company, two for me at home, no, we pay if we go over certain miles, never had one on a real lease where they give you money back for less use.

If you want one REALLY bad, I'd recommend don't put all your eggs in the ValueElectronics basket. I remember when the HR10-250 was coming out we were hearing about how VE would be getting all these boxes before everyone else and there was a waiting list over a thousand people long. I was fairly low on that last and was able to get one at CC on their web site over a month before VE was able to ship to the folks in my area of the list. Nothing personal against Robert and VE but I heard all this same hype before and it really wasn't anything special on their part.

Scott Greczkowski said:
but I did found out that this new $299 price point was decided this morning at a metting at DirecTV HQ.

DirecTV CSR's dont even know about it yet.
Any word on what deals would be given to current OWNERS of HR10-250's? I would hope they have discussed this and have formulated a plan.:eek:

And we know lots of things CSR's don't know.;)

At $299 you can pay another $125-150 and own a 622. You save $5 additional outlet fee on the 622 too so you would get that money back in 2 1/2 years vs. what you pay for the lease.

This tells me that HD still has some time to mature and still has some time for the price to drop before the mass makes the move to HDTV.

Stargazer said:
At $299 you can pay another $125-150 and own a 622. You save $5 additional outlet fee on the 622 too so you would get that money back in 2 1/2 years vs. what you pay for the lease.

This tells me that HD still has some time to mature and still has some time for the price to drop before the mass makes the move to HDTV.

Ummm, but then we would have E*:(

hdtvtechno said:
This lease thing is like someone coming to your house and robbing you

Your paying 300 bucks for and then when you cancel service u have to return it and you still dont get the 300 bucks back.

What a ripoff :mad:

Exactly, still do not understand what satellite providers are doing.

I mentioned in a previous post, cable (COX) only charges you a lease\rental fee. No upfront cost.

It's ridiculous to pay $299.00 plus a lease fee, I know D* calls it a "mirror fee". But's another way to try and deceive us.

Geeeez, I don't have anything to do with D* except that I am a customer, so I hate to defend them but you guys and your conspiracy, deception, Big Rip OFF, are laugh out loud funny. No deception, it is what it is, go get your cable for crying out loud, grow up. And OH VG, Giants Suck, go EAGLES!!!

FlyingJ said:
Geeeez, I don't have anything to do with D* except that I am a customer, so I hate to defend them but you guys and your conspiracy, deception, Big Rip OFF, are laugh out loud funny. No deception, it is what it is, go get your cable for crying out loud, grow up. And OH VG, Giants Suck, go EAGLES!!!

Direct TV since 1994, yup that's right, 1994

Since 1994, you obviously owe them some loyalty.

The argument can be made if someone pays $299.00 to borrow a piece of equipment at least not make them commit for 2 years. But then again who'll leave after shelling out 3 bills.

if you buy from robert, you could probably call retention and get a credit if you own the HR10-250. Someone in the know could correct me..

Im sure its a lease. But guess what? If you hand them the HR10-250 that you own Im sure they will let wave the $299.00. What a deal eh? Give up the HD DVR you paid 300-900 dollars for (lose that money forever) and you to can lease the equipment with no upfront fee!!!! But if you quit you lose everything. Oh and you pay a prorated contract price. Thats worse than the screwing most women get at a used car dealership or auto shop. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
mikew said:
I called. It's a lease. I'm sorry D* and E*, but I don't understand why the hell you charge $299 to lease a product with no money back when the equipment is returned. I will NEVER pay this kind of money to "lease" any receiver.

agree 100%...refused to pay for the h20's and got for free, minus monthly lease

2010 is the final year and I think it will become open to all distributors, like all the other season tickets are.

rad said:
If you want one REALLY bad, I'd recommend don't put all your eggs in the ValueElectronics basket. I remember when the HR10-250 was coming out we were hearing about how VE would be getting all these boxes before everyone else and there was a waiting list over a thousand people long. I was fairly low on that last and was able to get one at CC on their web site over a month before VE was able to ship to the folks in my area of the list. Nothing personal against Robert and VE but I heard all this same hype before and it really wasn't anything special on their part.
For most folks we delivered much faster than any retailer. In fact, we beat ALL retailers by more than three weeks with our first allocation.

We sold more HR10-250's than Best Buy and Circuit City combined and DIRECTV favored my company with faster and larger allocations than any other dealer.

This time I am 100% sure I will be able to deliver ALL advance orders on or before any other dealer..

-Robert

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)