Breaking DirecTV News:

Status
Please reply by conversation.
mikew said:
I don't think it's good form to bash Robert here.
There was no bashing. He made a statement. I saw what I believed to be an error and posted accordingly.

If you note, I did wish him luck. You are probably correct that the demand for the HRH20 will most likely be no where near that of the HR10, but that is still a risky statement.

According to the 11/8/04 press release, DirecTV has exclusive multichannel TV rights until the 2010 season.

minorthr said:
Well then that gives comcast 5 months to come up with a new excuse as to why they wont offer Comcast sportsnet Philly to D*

I don't know what that has to do with it, but damn, I sure hope we get it! Go Phills!!!!!

from the Firectv NFL PR - "DIRECTV, Inc., the nation's leading digital television service provider, today announced a five-year $3.5 billion agreement with the National Football League to extend and expand DIRECTV's exclusive rights to carry NFL SUNDAY TICKET, the leading sports subscription television package in the United States. DIRECTV will continue to have exclusive multichannel television rights to air NFL SUNDAY TICKET games through the 2010 season."

LonghornXP this statement controdicts what you are saying, clearly.

FlyingJ said:
I don't know what that has to do with it, but damn, I sure hope we get it! Go Phills!!!!!

One of comcasts many excuses has been that when D* lets them have sunday ticket they can have Sportsnet

tripletlex said:
According to the 11/8/04 press release, DirecTV has exclusive multichannel TV rights until the 2010 season.

Longhorn, anything i could find disagrees with this...

"It's no secret cable was interested in Sunday Ticket, but the price was too high,” said Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing CEO Char Beales, referring to the five-year, $3.5 billion contract extension DirecTV cut with the NFL last week, giving it rights to 14 live games each Sunday through the 2010 season."

source: http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA480250.html

Also... buy from robert means that Direct doesn't need to send an installer to your house to set it up...especially good for those who like to "move"

Brewer4 said:
Ding ding ding ding. We have a winner.

Why is that Brewer4? Have you moved somewhere? Wink, wink. Nudge, nudge! :D

Old deal = D* had exclusive satellite rights to Sunday Ticket.

"It should be pointed out, though, that DirecTV only had satellite exclusivity for the 2006 and 2007 seasons under the previous pact. DirecTV's new contract supercedes the remaining years on the old deal."

New deal = D* has exclusive rights to Sunday Ticket through 2010 season.

Longhorn is incorrect as the NFL and DirecTV extended their contract just last year at the same time all the network contracts were signed which gives them exclusive rights through 2010.

TulsaCoker said:
Yes I get a kick out of the "free" DVR. Trust me Cable Co. are recooparative their cost in your monthly bill. I know Cox in Tulsa "gives" the DVR to you but charges an extra $10 per month on top of the $5.99 DVR access fee.

I don't have a DVR access fee either.

Being that I live in SC and we do not have HD locals and probably won't this year, is the HR20 any better for me now than the HR10 or should I wait till I have locals to upgrade?

elwaylite said:
Being that I live in SC and we do not have HD locals and probably won't this year, is the HR20 any better for me now than the HR10 or should I wait till I have locals to upgrade?

def wait....will be cheaper/easier to get as time goes by

Yeah, I just set up with a Channel master 4228 and am getting high def locals, I have a HR10 coming Saturday that I got for free so I think I'll stick with that until we get locals unless I can find a better point to get the HR20. No sense in having it if it will not better my HD situation.

elwaylite said:
Yeah, I just set up with a Channel master 4228 and am getting high def locals, I have a HR10 coming Saturday that I got for free so I think I'll stick with that until we get locals unless I can find a better point to get the HR20. No sense in having it if it will not better my HD situation.
Do you have any RSN's in your area, that would be one reason to go with the HR20

Jimbo

I'm not sure actually. What programming is actually MPEG 4 now that I would be able to get, or is that all strictly based on the 5lnb which we don't have yet?

Status
Please reply by conversation.