Breaking News: Apple to launch IPAD3 ahead of schedule (RUMOR)

"yet" :D I like you, am very happy and content with my iPad1, however what has been rumored for #3 is very interesting and enticing. I have "yet" to fall victim to the lure of 3D TV, "yet"......:D;)

My wife and I fell victims to 3D ( beyond analglyph ) back in the mid 80's when we first saw it at Disney World. Last night I showed her my first cut of our last trip I shot entirely in 3DHD with 5.1 sound. I've been editing it for several days. Although not complete, she felt it was the most realistic video of a family memory she has ever seen. Having 3DHD on a 110" screen where the scene fills the room makes it like you are there again. But, on those smaller screens, I feel those are best for limited number of people watching. Glasses free and passive screens are best for one viewer. I think a glasses free AMOLED 3D screen will sell because if it is like my camcorder glasses free screen the ease to watch without glasses will be a real plus for those in doubt of 3D. Like my camcorder the ipad is mostly for single viewers. Of course, keeping this all in perspective, The screen in 3D was not a leak, it was a speculation rumor by an insider at Hollywood who works in the 3D end of the movies. Nobody knows what really will be offered in ipad3.

3D and still no Flash.. °€°

Sent from my Mototola Brickphone using SatelliteGuys

Re: it just being called 'iPad', when I bought mine I actually called the store back before I opened it to make sure I got an iPad 2, the package doesn't say it anywhere on it, the only indication it's an iPad 2 is that it said iPad 32mb Black on the sticker, and the original didn't have 2 colors.

Doesn't that break with tradition?

The accessory makers (which is a huge business) are salivating at the prospect of new models!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

With iPad 2 accessories only NOW hitting the shelves of retailers in large numbers, I'd say that a mid-year upgrade should use the same accessories. And since it strikes me as unlikely that they would so quickly introduce an entirely new form factor, my gut says the odds are good that a six month upgrade would maintain compatibility.

meStevo said:
I'd expect it to just be the iPad HD, sell it concurrently with the iPad 2, make another billion (or three) in accessories.

Perhaps but it might be called both. The rumor is that they wlill sell both and the iPad 2 HD will cost more, as the iPad for "professionals"

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys