Beati pacifici 5:9
Supporting Founder
Apr 8, 2004
Columbia S.C.

Attachments

• Pleiades_two_row_large.jpg
    Pleiades_two_row_large.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 130
Not even certain what I would do with it. :)

But yeah, pretty cool. Or perhaps, really hot, as that sucker must require some serious juice, and put out some major heat!

182 racks (11,648 nodes, two Intel Xeon processors per node)
1.315 Pflop/s peak cluster
Total cores: 111,104
Total memory: 185 TB

I think that should be enough to run this forum! :D

Not even certain what I would do with it. :)
Pretty much anything you wanted.... :D ;)
I would not want to be held responsible for maintaining that system though. I am lucky to keep this junk I have up and running :eek: Maybe Ilya could. :)

By the way, what is a Pflop? Somehow I do not think I have that capability.. (lol)​

Last edited:
Frank Jr. said:
I would not want to be held responsible for maintaining that system though. I am lucky to keep this junk I have up and running :eek: Maybe Ilya could. :)
No thanks! But I would be curious to check inside those cages!

By the way, what is a Pflop?
Pflop/s:
(PETA FLoating point OPerations per Second) One quadrillion (10^15) floating point operations per second. That's a lot!!!

By the way, only 10 systems in the World are known to achieve the petaflop/s performance: the U.S. has five; Japan and China have two each, and France has one.
The most powerful computer in the World is currently the K Computer at the RIKEN Advanced Institute for Computational Science (AICS) in Kobe, Japan. It has 68544 SPARC64 VIIIfx CPUs, each with eight cores, for a total of 548,352 cores. It does more than 8 pflops!

http://www.top500.org/lists/2011/06/press-release

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts