Breaking News Live from the Directv Entertainment Expo

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It should be noted that the financial performance information offered in the conference call was not a preview of the Q3 information, rather a reiteration of the Q2 figures.

HOLD ON:

I took the comments to mean that the target number 70 would be in 30 days - mid October.

Nothing has happened or been said that they will not roll out any until then.

I think we will still see the first batch Wednesday, 5-10 channels or so. Then they will light up more each week or two as they get everything done on their uplink side or as the networks launch.

There is NOTHING here to say the rollout will not START until October...

There is no way DirecTV and Echostar could merge.

They tried already.

DOJ said no...antitrust issues.

FCC said no...they would not allow the transfer of TP licenses.
And that was back when Voom was still a DBS provider...and Echostar even offered to give Voom their TPs at 61.5.

If everyone said no when there were 3 DBS players in the game there is no way in hell they will say yes when there are only 2 players in the game.

The request for merger was withdrawn.The FCC never issued a ruleing

HOLD ON:

I took the comments to mean that the target number 70 would be in 30 days - mid October.

Nothing has happened or been said that they will not roll out any until then.

I think we will still see the first batch Wednesday, 5-10 channels or so. Then they will light up more each week or two as they get everything done on their uplink side or as the networks launch.

There is NOTHING here to say the rollout will not START until October...

I belive this because Dish Network keeps on rolling out more and more channels I recently went to HHGreg and watched dish network on a 103' plasma (it was there for 2 days) and they had a lot of channels. For Directv not to launch at least some more channels now then that would be the worst decison ever. Soo... we will see...

I have a feeling that we will find out much more tomorrow when Chase gives the next conference call.

Until then, it seems that there are as many new questions as new answers.

I just called D* the CSR still said the 19th HD channels are coming out,I also mentioned about this thread. Dont know what to think anymore

I think everyone is confused about the term "launch". I used to work in tech and there's quite a difference between something being available and an official launch. I was on the phone with D* last week and the CSR said they had a group meeting that week and new channels will be active by the 19th. I'm looking at D* then advertising their new HD capabilities and doing an official launch with the new product offerings in October.

I guess we're just all waiting until the 19th then. If it doesn't happen then I'll be very dissapointed.

Everybody just needs to settle down a little. If D* was to announce that Wednesday was the launch of the channels and it was delayed by a day they would look bad. It was a safe play to say that the channels would launch within the next 30 days.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts