Brevard (CFL?) Color change!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Well, the two days or so of really spectacular color about a week ago (around 5/21) was really nice. Now it seems permanently back to very average. I guess $117 per month only gets you two days a year of good PQ.

The previous post was back in June 07. Some time after that, the PQ jumped back to spectacular. I was so happy. Now, yet again, clarity and sharpness has vastly and suddenly diminished; brilliance of color, which was totally wonderful, has diminished to a little bit better than "drab."

This repeated scenario just tears at my gut. I =loved= how it looked over that period, up until a few days ago (I think Wednesday night was the change). Now I am totally bummed once more.

LATER: I just thought of another description that is pretty descriptive of the clarity/crispness/sharpness situation: text now looks like a projection that is ever so slightly out of focus. Before it was sharp, crystal clear, exactly defined edges, high contrast, perfectly in focus.

Last edited:
8300HD, but I don't have HD TV or service. I have it for the larger disk storage.

I read too many posts about difficulties and "don't likes" for the new box. I think it best to wait awhile.

Don't misunderstand. Most people would look at my picture and say "That's OK." though, when I point out things, you'd say yeah, I guess you're right. That is the problem...through July and August, it was Wow!

Nope, I dont misunderstand. My brother is/was the same way. After about 2 years, I finally gave up and installed satellite at his house. He had the same problem. Fluctuations in the line signals drove him nuts.

Heck, I even went as far as to run the largest cable we have (RG-11) all the way from the ped directly to the tv. I know and understand there are some areas that have fluctuating amps that cause this problem. Figuring out which one is causing the problem is easy. Getting it replaced is not.

...Heck, I even went as far as to run the largest cable we have (RG-11) all the way from the ped directly to the tv. I know and understand there are some areas that have fluctuating amps that cause this problem. Figuring out which one is causing the problem is easy. Getting it replaced is not.

I totally feel, but cannot prove, that it is as you say: it is the incoming signal that is changing, not something in my lines or components. I really do wish the lines from service entrance to TV could be replaced (23 years old) but that would be a huge job.

One of the people here said it could not be that way...that the signal is digital, so it is either there, not there, or pixelated...that, as digital, it cannot have a quality degradation.

I totally feel, but cannot prove, that it is as you say: it is the incoming signal that is changing, not something in my lines or components. I really do wish the lines from service entrance to TV could be replaced (23 years old) but that would be a huge job.

One of the people here said it could not be that way...that the signal is digital, so it is either there, not there, or pixelated...that, as digital, it cannot have a quality degradation.

Someone told you from service entrance to tv can't be replaced? Sounds quite hokey to me. Any line can be replaced. Sometimes it may not be the way you want, but it can always be done!

Someone told you from service entrance to tv can't be replaced? Sounds quite hokey to me. Any line can be replaced. Sometimes it may not be the way you want, but it can always be done!

Well yes and no. They cant always be replaced in the same location, they may have to be put on another wall and then fished under the carpet, but BHN does not do carpet fishing nor custom "rewiring" They only offer standard services, so theyll throw the outlet on the other wall, leave ya with a 6ft jumper and tell ya to goto walmart/radioshack etc to buy 50ft of cable and fish it yourself

Y'all's description addresses what I meant. They didn't tell me it couldn't be done. It is just that the interior wiring is all in a very hard to access attic and inside walls. It was put in during house construction.

This comment in another thread...

"Another interesting thing is BHN has been upgrading many of its nodes, and is doing so at a slow but steady pace, to get all of the nodes to 1ghz."

may explain why my color and clarity keeps changing.

Highly unlikely, the upgradeing is only affecting the transmission system and at which freq. it tops out at.

The problem you have described can really only have 2 causes

1. The equipment in the house being bad (tv or cable box)

2. A problem at the hub and/or headend themselves.

With a digital signal regardless of the strength or qualtiy of the signal on the transmission system you would not see any changes in color/clarity. What you would see is pixelation and breakup. Its also possible to have sync issues with audio/video but that is rare. The only 2 items that affect the color/clarity of the picture are the box/tv at the house and the modulaters at the headends/hubs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts