Brit Blog Names iPhone 'World's Worst'

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
All his "complaints" are bogus exaggerations. He's there to try to get attention for him & his rag.

I have a guy at work I set up with an iPhone, mostly to bring him into the world of email. He raves over how much better sounding the iPhone is, with great reception. And I don't think he has the best hearing to start with.

I agree with him actually on a number of his points, as a pocket computer its great... but as a phone it stinks.

I can't count how many times I have had calls fail when I am on a full 5 bars, or had my call turn to Klingon garble.

The iPhone is NOT the best phone at all.

Let's s
Surprised no one has posted this.. LOL

Guess too many iphone users here huh, well not me so I am posting away
Probably because noone else would take this article with any grain of salt

Let's see, shall we?
Say What? Call quality on the iPhone is pathetic, and it's mostly because of the tiny speaker. It has to be aligned with your ear canal with the accuracy of a laser-guided ninja doing cataract surgery, or else the volume cuts down to nothing as the sound waves bounce uselessly around your ear shells
Slight exaggeration. The sound quality is perfectly fine for me. In fact, it is better than my high quality cordless land phone. True it is small, but it is not that difficult to cent the thing in your ear.
Dropped Calls and Data GapsIf, like Will Smith in Enemy of the State, you're trying to avoid the eagle eye of Big Brother, the iPhone. could be for you. It drops calls, fails to connect and doesn't even ring sometimes — not for everyone, but more often than any other phone we're currently using.
Never had one single dropped call at all the entire time I have been with PacBell/Cingular/ATT.
You Can't Answer If it Doesn't RingPerhaps the worst of the iPhone's problems is its ability to sit there stealthily and ignore incoming calls. With no ring or vibrate to clue you in, your friends and family are redirected to voicemail… or just treated to silence. If you're in a two-iPhone family, it can be a case of the deaf leading the mute.
Never once had this happen
The iPhone Might Burn Your Face OffAccording to our ultra-sciencey test, it is extremely unlikely that the iPhone will burn your face off… Nevertheless, pressing a large, flat surface to your cheek is always going to be sweaty… Thus the current trend for people to walk down the street with their phones on hands-free, yelling into the mike at the bottom while they hold the rest of the phone away from their faces
Oh...Please, this is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. So stupid in fact, it is not even worthy of a reply
iPhone Battery LifeA couple of hours of Google Maps over 3G and you'll be lost in the woods without even the possibility of phoning for help. Compare that to the good old days when your phone would last a week without charging, and you'll wonder why you ever bothered to switch.
Because in the old days your phone was just a phone. Now it is a computer, so of course it is not going to last as long after one charge. With that said, yes the battery could last longer, but I charge mine once every 3 to 4 days.
The iPhone Sucks — So What?If the iPhone is inaudible, unconnected, on fire and out of battery, why is the thing so popular? The fact is, although the iPhone is the worst phone in the world, it's the best handheld computer there is.
Because it can do more than most phones AND it is popular because the things you listed simply are not true.

Before anyone accuses me of being an Apple Nazi or a Mac Fanboy, just keep in mind that every computer I own and built has been a PC and I do not like Macs much at all.

I agree with him actually on a number of his points, as a pocket computer its great... but as a phone it stinks.

I can't count how many times I have had calls fail when I am on a full 5 bars, or had my call turn to Klingon garble.

The iPhone is NOT the best phone at all.
That probably has more to do with ATT and where you live vs the phone itself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts