Broadband Connection Problem

just this morning my 622 gave me the message about no broadband connection. i have had it hooked up to broadband with no problems for like a month. ive done EVERYTHING. it definetly is something wrong with dish network. if anyone figures this out let me know. thanks!!

"Do not adjust your ViP receiver. We control it." It's been way tooooo long. How did that go again? We no longer have Vert and Hori controls. ;-)

--Grin&Barrett
No, that's from "The Outer Limits". "We will control the vertical. We will control the horizontal. ...".

Me too! Both my 622s gave me the hookup or else warning this morning (10/10/08). Both had IPs, and both could be pinged by my notebook, but both said "not connected".

This happens often, I don't think the Dish folks understand IP.

And here I was thinking this was Dish's way of extorting more $$$ to pay for the Tivo settlement. Haven't checked my 722 tonight, but was plenty pissed that I too got the "need to connect your receiver" nag screen this morning

I get that message too, but when I go into System setup and then diagnostics, it says broadband connected. So I assume its ok for me. Must be some goof up on dish's end.

Just replaced one of two 722s after a disk failure following a 2-hour power outage. Before activating, I tried to get everything set up but DishComm and Ethernet were not showing up despite being a direct replacement and seeing the switch to DSL showing activity. Even tried exchanging the Ethernet cables with a good green light on back of this new one.

Well I went ahead and activated it on-line (hooray, easier than a call in) and tried again. No luck until I rebooted it. Now fine. Exception: DishComm is not working to a 622 on a different UPS. Thought it worked before, how else would I have gotten its Serial Number in the setup? Oh well.

I did download a short Ovation film for a first-time test and although it was good quality, it was on the one that died.
-Ken

My 722 gave me the same problems late last night (Friday early AM). Did all the usual things and no happiness. Late this afternoon I called Dish and the csr started going through the diagnostic steps and boom it was back. Very strange. What was the phone message about the new cards for the 722s coming by mail? I didn't know 722s had cards

one thing i could recommend on that issue is to reset your router then go to dianogstics screen on ur 722 rcvr, menu opts and select call out, i think it is menu 6-3 hope this helps

Mine is doing this today..but I added an Onkyo receiver yesterday and had everything screwed up while I unplugged and replugged everything.

Now I get all the DNS stuff..but it says "not connected" at the bottom and I'm getting those nasty "warning you are not connected" messages when I turn on my PVR.

I think I'm pointing to satellite 129. IS anyone still having this problem? I've rebooted router, 722, cable modem, etc etc and nothing seems to make a difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)