Broadband problem VIP 722

I see via DRA that I too now have L721. I have to mouse around with the receiver selection pulldown menu to get all my receivers to give me a green light. But that may not be the issue of this thread. Is the issue outbound access from the 722? This formerly worked fine for me on L677, even when DO/DRA was kaput.

I have this issue for the last week or so also. I finally told Dish Answers on FB. My 722 has L677.

I am getting ready to go on vacation and with this new issue, how is my SLING supposed to work with this error 789 all the time? I've thrown a GOB of money at modems, routers and hardware to get this *ONLINE BULL$#!T* working only to get BOLLUX'ed up by software 2 weeks before leaving. I cant reset the receiver from 1000 miles away or remotely press MENU 6 1 9 2. Dish needs to fix this FAST. *SIGH*

Mark_AR said:
I have this issue for the last week or so also. I finally told Dish Answers on FB. My 722 has L677.

I am getting ready to go on vacation and with this new issue, how is my SLING supposed to work with this error 789 all the time? I've thrown a GOB of money at modems, routers and hardware to get this *ONLINE BULL$#!T* working only to get BOLLUX'ed up by software 2 weeks before leaving. I cant reset the receiver from 1000 miles away or remotely press MENU 6 1 9 2. Dish needs to fix this FAST. *SIGH*

Frustrating!

Last night I finally got L721. Now though this error 789 is more rampant than ever. It will ask me to connect again in as little as 43 minutes after doing a M-6-1-9-2. ( I did it at 4:05 and now at 4:48 it errors out again. )

C'mon Dish. Put the 'keep connection alive' part of the coding in the software. It is seeming like you put a 'timeout' routine or something in the NETWORK section of Broadband Setup when changing from Dish Platinum to Movie Pass. It was better when it didn't read ...testing....connected.... every time you selected Network Setup. It *HAS* to be the software because I have the 722 hard set to its IP addy and NOTHING has changed in my external hardware setup outside of the 722. *EPIC FAIL*

Possible stupid workaround: set the receiver to DHCP. (My 722/L721 is set that way and still works fine to a DGL-655 router.)

It is set up for DHCP and port forwarding(for sling adapter). Now the Dish rep on FB is telling me to switch ethernet ports on the back of my modem/router. LOL

Sounds like the Dish rep on FB doesn't understand switches inside routers... Anyhow, I don't port-forward anything, and my Sling Adapter works fine. DO is a PITA, though. I usually have to refresh/reconnect multiple times before my receiver shows up.

I am trying to figure this out:(APPARENTLY ALONE because Dish hasn't helped one iota so far)

I am thinking about setting the VIP722 as a DMZ device as a last resort. If I knew what ports Movie pass was using to communicate, I could port forward those to the 722 also, just like I did to get the Sling working.

This whole F* fiasco started with the addition of Movie Pass on Oct 1. So what did Dish change as far as the box communicating with the network as of that date? DISH? DIRT? Anyone?

I am thinking about setting the VIP722 as a DMZ device as a last resort. If I knew what ports Movie pass was using to communicate, I could port forward those to the 722 also, just like I did to get the Sling working.

The DMZ didn't work either and it should have if it was a port tcp/udp issue. I've plugged a secondary netgear wg364 into my SAGEMCOM F@st 1704 and so far it *IS* working. I don't know what the difference is between them. This is not a long term option, but a quick fix for hardware that hasn't been changed way before this error cropped up.

I've even made sure my IP leases don't expire in the f@st modem, so I set them to 65535 hours.

24+ hours without a 789 error using a 2nd router setup. This is *NOT* a fix for whatever DISH changed on/around Oct 1 when adding Movie Pass. But at least I know that it is something that changed in the 722 software.

The bad part is that in 7 days I am moving to the RV and won't be able to change any hardware for *MONTHS*. If I would have had this information 3 months ago, I could have saved a bunch of money. I did get a 2TB MyBook from Staples yesterday for $79 so I can at least archive what I have on the DVR for on the road. (Does not work for anything saved in Movie Pass or Dish Cinema which is another EPIC FAIL for Dish) *disgusted look*

FAIL

Hey Dish, only 1 out of three of your products are currently working for me. Satellite sig looks and sounds awesome! Dish online and Blockbuster Movie Pass don't work. Since dish on-demand used to work in my dvr and I used to be able to schedule my dvr from Dish Remote Access, am left with a pretty poor opinion of the "new product". Ever heard of not rolling something out till it actually works? Think is time to fire some people and give your cst service people better training too. Called in to ask why bb movie pass didn't work on my dvr and was told "you haven't subsribed" even though I did two weeks ago and already verified my info from the website. Lol, then the dork proceeded to tell me to unplug my dvr, that he sent a hit and that it WILL solve my problem. Even asked if I wanted a service call???? Getting irritated.

Ditto!! Faced the same problem when I was in Vegas last month, totally useless red paperweight sitting on top of my 722k.

I can't believe you guys could say anything bad about your slingbox and a 722! It must be your router because that's what the CSR has been telling me for a month now. Maybe it's your cables. Maybe it's a slow internet connection. But we do know for a fact that it could not be a software issue! And I'm the only person that's having a problem, according to the CSR. I have a new receiver and a new router, same problem. I like the red paperweight reference!
Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one with this issue

I have been very happy with Dish customer service over the years. That being said, I just wish I/we could get a straight answer, or better yet a fix.

I can't believe you guys could say anything bad about your slingbox and a 722! It must be your router because that's what the CSR has been telling me for a month now. Maybe it's your cables. Maybe it's a slow internet connection. But we do know for a fact that it could not be a software issue! And I'm the only person that's having a problem, according to the CSR. I have a new receiver and a new router, same problem. I like the red paperweight reference!
Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one with this issue
;)

Again, I can access my DISH 722 and Sling Adapter from my iPad and iPhone with NO PROBLEM!! So, the 722 MUST be connected to the internet / broadband.

Only when I try from my computer to access any programs on my DVR am I unable to watch ANY DVR programs or Live TV from the computer.
Then, if I try again from my iPad to confirm that the 722 is connected, it connects IMMEDIATELY - no problem!

DISH needs to address this, or post a bulletin that the Sling Adapter's purported feature of accessing your DVR through the internet on computer is FALSE!

DISH - Please attend to your users who are trying to adopt your "cutting edge" technology and features! This is a big new feature that you are touting as besting the competition (Direct TV, etc). But if it doesn't work, then it is simply fraudulent advertising!

This must be fixed, and DISH is the one who broke what apparently worked, before they forced Dish Online on everyone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts