Broadband

RegularGuy

Original poster
Oct 1, 2010
ON
Hey there

I have a 722k. I brought it back from my residence in Palm Springs, CA to my residence in southern Ontario.

I had the unit plugged into the ethernet port in Palm Springs.

If I plug it into my broadband here does DN either geo-block or track based on IP address of the provider and punish..?

Thanks

I haven't heard of any ip tracing for equipment. But if you have more than 1 receiver on the account and the other one is plugged in and you have 2 different ip addresses on them that could raise a flag. If it is the only receiver on the account you shouldn't be any more prone to an audit than the people that have an account with a billing address that is out of that zip code.

this is the computer age. it takes no intervention by a person for a program to track your receiver and raise a flag if something changes.

i'm not saying they do this. i'm just saying it would be VERY easy for them too.

these things do call home every night after all.

this is the computer age. it takes no intervention by a person for a program to track your receiver and raise a flag if something changes.

i'm not saying they do this. i'm just saying it would be VERY easy for them too.

these things do call home every night after all.

En mass. Unless there were to be some major account stacking they are not going to care whre it is as long as they get paid.

Per my earlier post, I was wondering that as well since I moved. What do you think the chances are. I would hate to sent back, since I am on the 6%ers that do not get HD locals and I shut down AAD since I moved.

While they can't trace where a single Internet IP address comes from reliably, having two different Internet IP addresses is a unmistakable sign of account stacking.

If you only have one receiver, how can it be account stacking?

OP gave no indication of multiple receivers.

While they can't trace where a single Internet IP address comes from reliably, having two different Internet IP addresses is a unmistakable sign of account stacking.

Not always. I have two different internet service providers at my home. One is wireless and one is DSL. It is easier to connect one receiver to one ISP and the other three to the second ISP. All receivers can also connect via house phone number.

Arrrggg Here We Go Again!!!

How to program Remote Dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)