Broadcast Networks Programming Discussion Thread

Mike Richards has stepped down a week after he nominated himself to host Jeopardy. Maybe the fan favorite stand-in host, LeVar Burton, will be permanent.

Mike Richards has stepped down a week after he nominated himself to host Jeopardy. Maybe the fan favorite stand-in host, LeVar Burton, will be permanent.
This was the investigative article that was Richards' ultimate undoing. He would've probably survived the revelations of the workplace discrimination lawsuits, but not this. Great reporting.

Reactions: TheKrell
I enjoyed Seth MacFarlane's tweet:

There are definitely a lot of pro-LeVar Burton fans on Twitter, but I've also seen regular watchers complain he didn't do as well as some of the others during his week as host. To that I say, he was probably very nervous, was only given one week of shows (all taped the same day, so no opportunity for feedback), and as a professional actor with extensive hosting experience, he would become much more polished with time (in the final Friday episode I saw he did a decent job).

If we learned anything of watching months of former contests, journalists, a jock, actors, the show's producer, a fake doctor, etc., guest hosting the show, anyone can do this job. So their best bet is to give the fans what they want: LEVAR!

Reactions: TheKrell