Broadcast Networks Programming Discussion Thread

There are definitely a lot of pro-LeVar Burton fans on Twitter, but I've also seen regular watchers complain he didn't do as well as some of the others during his week as host. To that I say, he was probably very nervous, was only given one week of shows (all taped the same day, so no opportunity for feedback), and as a professional actor with extensive hosting experience, he would become much more polished with time (in the final Friday episode I saw he did a decent job).

If we learned anything of watching months of former contests, journalists, a jock, actors, the show's producer, a fake doctor, etc., guest hosting the show, anyone can do this job. So their best bet is to give the fans what they want: LEVAR!
They are looking at Ken Jennings again.

There are definitely a lot of pro-LeVar Burton fans on Twitter, but I've also seen regular watchers complain he didn't do as well as some of the others during his week as host.
Heard that the Executive Producer was also the one picking the Guest Host episodes to air, and with his “ulterior motive” of naming himself the new Host, that calls into question his selections.

Reactions: Zookster
Heard that the Executive Producer was also the one picking the Guest Host episodes to air, and with his “ulterior motive” of naming himself the new Host, that calls into question his selections.
Perhaps the reason such a fan-favorite like LeVar Burton was only given one week during the Olympics, when all the NBC local affiliates that broadcast Jeopardy would not be airing them. I didn't find out until the last day (Friday) of his hosting stint that it was on a subchannel of my NBC station. I had to use an antenna to watch it. It felt like the dark ages of TV before cable. :p