Broadcast Networks Ratings Thread

CBS dramas, Fox's 'Girl' shine Tuesday

Fox comedy opens strong; CBS' 'Unforgettable' solid

CBS vet "NCIS" (4.2/12 in 18-49, 19.5 million viewers overall), the night's No. 1 show in 25-54 (5.8/15) and total viewers. "NCIS" was up vs. its debut performance of last fall, as was 9 o'clock drama "NCIS: Los Angeles" (3.6/9 in 18-49, 16.7 million viewers overall). And at 10, new crime drama "Unforgettable" (2.9/8 in 18-49, 14.0 million viewers overall) led its hour in key demos and was down only slightly in the demo from a second "NCIS: Los Angeles" on premiere Tuesday a year ago (but up a bit in total viewers); the Poppy Montgomery series also started stronger than "The Good Wife," which bowed in the second week of last season to a 2.5 demo score.

Source & More: Variety

'Big Bang Theory' Continues to Surge While 'American Idol' Sputters

BS and Fox tied for top honors with adults 18-49. But The Big Bang Theory drew a 5.2 adults 18-49 rating (up a tenth from last week) comfortably besting American Idol's 4.0 rating for the common half hour. For the full hour, American Idol drew a 4.4 adults 18-49 rating, down 14% from last week and down an alarming 39% versus the year ago Thursday night telecast. American Idol will likely be adjusted up a tenth or two, but that won't make up for the week over week drop, let alone the year over year plummet.

TV Ratings Thursday: ‘Big Bang’ Beats ‘American Idol;’ ‘Person of Interest’ Rises, Ties ‘Grey’s Anatomy;’ ‘Rob,’ ‘The Mentalist’ Down - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers

We deleted the timer for American Idol. It is simply not as good as it was two years ago when Simon and Paula were on. Although I did not like X factor at all. We really like The Voice now. The premise is cool. Picking a contestant for his/her voice and not the looks. They don't even look at them till they pick them. We just don't have that much time anymore during the week to watch crap like American Idol. I think that American Idol has jumped the shark as a tv show anyway.

I also think American Idol is jumping the shark. It is just a matter of time before it's done. I am going to continue watching it though to see if there are any hopefuls this year. One contestant lives not far from me but I do not know him personally but will be rooting for him. That will make it more exciting to watch this season. Was exciting to see someone from WV win America's Got Talent. It would be something to see someone from WV win American Idol too. Probably won't happen though.

I hear Ryan Seacrest wants to leave American Idol too . So now the only one left from the beginning would be Randy Dog, Dog ,Dog. He was always the least liked of the cast in my house.

'The Neighbors' ratings solid, 'Animal Practice' weak

The Neighbors was seen by 9.3 million viewers and had a 3.3 rating in the adult demo. It’s 9 p.m. lead-in, Modern Family, delivered 14.2 million and a 5.5 rating.
NBC’s new comedies, however, didn’t fare so well. The Peacock rolled out the regular time-slot premieres of Animal Practice (5.2 million, 1.4) and Guys with Kids (4.8 million, 1.6) during the 8 p.m. hour.
CBS was out in front among total viewers.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/09/27/the-neighbors-ratings/

Proud Peacock: NBC Wins Premiere Week for First Time in 9 Years, As All Network Rivals Dip

Buoyed by this fall’s top-rated freshman drama, Revolution, the always beefy Sunday Night Football and double helpings of The Voice, NBC topped all broadcast rivals this Premiere Week in the coveted 18-49 demo — a feat the Peacock network hasn’t pulled off solo since 2003.

Read More at: http://tvline.com/2012/10/02/nbc-wi...2/#utm_source=copypaste&utm_campaign=referral

The Walking Dead SEASON THREE PREMIERE DELIVERS 12.3 MILLION VIEWERS

Last night, AMC’s mid-season three premiere of “The Walking Dead” returned with its largest audience ever in series history delivering 12.3 million viewers at the 9pm premiere. The previous record was 10.9 million viewers from the season three premiere on October 14, 2012. The episode is also the strongest telecast for a series in basic cable history for adults 18-49 with 7.7 million.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...ies-history-with-12-3-million-viewers/169090/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts