Broken Pivot. Part Replacement???

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have the worst luck. So, i put the temporary junky quarl unit i had on the dish. It keeps on timing out on the ASC1. Its not the ASC1. This motor is too darn weak. I've put the one with the broken pivot back on the dish. Atleast with that i can move within a small arc to get my most common stuff. I CANNOT WAIT until i get the Venture.

Okay, i got the Venture installed, but i am having a huge issue with the ticks getting off, and it always seems to need to be continually nudged in the west direction to get it back in sync... Any suggestions anyone?? Do you still suggest that (i cannot remember the name) that electric piece connecting the two pulse wires together at the motor? Any other thoughts?

In certain instances, a capacitor is used at the actuator across the motor terminals to reduce motor noise from entering the control wire distribution. In other situations, a capacitor is placed across the S1/S2 terminals on the back of the controller.

Loss of position or counts in one direction is likely to be a mechanical problem with the mount or slipping clamp. Pulse count errors (reed switch cycles) would typically occur in both directions of motor travel.

When driving using the STB DiSEqC 1.2 command from saved satellite position "A" to saved position "B" does the motor land short of the destination satellite and require bumping the dish in the same direction of travel to optimize?

Or

When driving from saved satellite position "A" to saved position "B" does the motor travel past the destination satellite and require bumping the dish in the opposite direction of travel to optimize?

Does the control cable bundle have a shield around the two pulse (S1/S2) wires? If so, where is the shield drain wire connected to ground?

Is the dish grounded? If so, how is it grounded? Is the dish bonded to the house structure ground? If so, how is it grounded?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Give me a few days to gather data.

Yes, the s1/s2 wires are shielded. The shield drain wire is connected to ground on the ASC1 side.
The pole is grounded to the ground line of the house at the panel via 12 gauge copper NOT bundled with the other wires. It runs a direct path.

Well, its keeping track now. It might have something to do with me going down East. I'm going to test that in a day or two. I am going to tighten the clamp more before that. This actuator MOVES FAST compared to the other actuators i have used.. I'm not used to it moving so fast..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)