Bsc621-2 C/ku Lnbf

Forgive me for being the not so bright bulb on this.

I have a motorized C-band BUD that I watch paid C-band programming on and I have not yet gotten into FTA.

What will this C/KU LNB do for me besides give me KU and Cband on one LNB?

What will it do for me if I buy a FTA receiver to go with my Cband rec?

Thanks in advance.

Hello and WELCOME to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA forum!

Yes the LNB will enable you to get both KU and C band signals with just one LNB, one cable run will work for both as there is an internal DiSEqC switch.

A FTA receiver will work for both C and KU bands. A FTA receiver would be a great addition to your setup! LOADS more channels, FREE!

Pete,

I'm a little slow on these things, but do those specs suggest that this LNB would work for Circular Ku's Frequencies (like 12.75 GHz), like what we find on Nimiq and Echostar's FTA stations?

Its a linear LNB so I would say no, but of course I get NASA here on a Linear LNB.

(Forgot it does come with a dielectric plate for Circular C-Band signals, but still do not think it will work for circular KU signals)

Last edited:
PSB said:
Its a linear LNB so I would say no, but of course I get NASA here on a Linear LNB.

(Forgot it does come with a dielectric plate for Circular C-Band signals, but still do not think it will work for circular KU signals)

So that's what the piece of glass is for.

C/ku. Lnb. (bsc621-2) STARTED SHIPPING

I ordered mine.

I know how many people are anxious to get it,that's why i am posting it.

Mine arrived :D

More pictures..........

Attachments

• Pict0078.JPG
    Pict0078.JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 1,332
  • Pict0079.JPG
    Pict0079.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 1,416
  • Pict0081.JPG
    Pict0081.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,549
  • Pict0056.JPG
    Pict0056.JPG
    19.2 KB · Views: 1,251
Scott Greczkowski said:
I want to hear reports from folks with a 1.2 meter offset Dish who try this LNB. :)

I can do it. Any particular sattelites you are interested in? I can scan it and tell you transponders it finds and signal qualities (on my Fortec Ultra).

So far I'd say it is comparable to ASC421's performance on c-band.

Well I am not exactly sure, I just ordered a 1.2 meter Fortec Dish and a motor today from Sadoun and I would like to pick up C and KU and am really interested in this.

For KU I want IA5 and SBS6.
For C Band I am not sure whats up there anymore, As far as C Band Goes I want The Tube thats one I know for sure. :)

Works GREAT for The Tube!

Watching it here on AMC-3 with Signal quality of around 50% (6' dish remember)!

PSB said:
Works GREAT for The Tube!

Watching it here on AMC-3 with Signal quality of around 50% (6' dish remember)!

But that's with a 6' prime focus. I don't think I ever got The Tube in on my 1.2 offset dish. I think there is a fox mux at G11 that is spilling over even though that's 4 degrees away.

I spoke too soon :) I am getting The Tube on AMC3. Quality is jumping between 38-42% and the picture is breaking up. I had to move my dish a little further east (86.6 instead of 87) to get the most out of signal.

TVU on AMC3 is coming in strong with 55-60% quality.

Ok got my scaler ring yesterday, and just got a call from the freight company this morning that they are delivering the dish and motor today. :)

Dont think I will get to install it or play with this this weekend supposed to be really crappy weather.

I have not got the LNB yet, but I will order one from PSB once I have the dish working correctly on KU (I will use my Invacom LNB at first then once I am sure I am tracking the arc I will being playing with MICRO BUD.)

I will be interested in seeing what I can get on C Band, and in addition I may even hook up my GI650 receiver to it to scan for Analog C Band feeds (Although I am not sure if the 650 will work with this LNB)

It would be nice later to make a list of C Band channels that it is posible to pick up with a 1.2 meter dish.

I will be interested in seeing what I can get on C Band, and in addition I may even hook up my GI650 receiver to it to scan for Analog C Band feeds (Although I am not sure if the 650 will work with this LNB
Scott
You'd have to slave it to the DVB box so the polarity is right. In the default position (hooked the analog directly to the LNB), it should get H polarity

Getting some GOOD results now on Ku-Band!

46% signal Quality on Kuil Fox AMC-4

48% signal Quality on The University Network IA-6

46-53% signal Quality on the Azteca channels IA-6

Very overcast!

55% Signal Quality on ONN SBS6

46-50% Signal Quality on the CCTV channels G3C

Last edited:
Installation Instructions!

Installation Instructions!

See below picture.......

Attachments

• bsc621-inst.jpg
    bsc621-inst.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 668
Here are some tips when peaking in the Ku signals using this LNBF........

First find a C-band satellite signal using the C-Band side of the LNBF (C-Band is much more forgiving than Ku), change to a known live Ku transponder on the same satellite, then motor east and/or west until you hit the Ku signal, it will NOT be in the same azimuth position as the C-band signal.
Then re-skew the LNBF to peak the Ku signal, I had to move mine about 2º from the "0" position.
Final step was to adjust the F/D of the LNBF for maximum Ku-Band signal quality.

I also modified the LNBF cover to squeeze every point of signal quality from the LNBF. (Mentioned in its own thread)
Very happy with the Ku results. The C-Band signals did drop slightly after peaking in the Ku signal but it has to be done! And my C-Band signals are still great, and with C-Band not being effected much by rain fade its not a big deal.

Hey PSB, any suggestions on what c-band sat. to start the aiming process with. I'm having a heck of a time with my new bsc621. I can get 75 on Fox-Beaumont, but c-band is giving me fits. The only sat. I can get any c-band signal on at all is AMC4. G3 is a 'no show.'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts