Satellite AV - GeoSatPro 2.4 meter dish and C/Ku LNBF

Das Hammer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
Too close to Ohio
I recently received the GeoSatPro 2.4 meter prime focus dish and C/Ku LNBF from Satellite AV.

First, let me say that I've never done any business with SatelliteAV in the past nor have I ever tried any of the GeoSatPro products, but Satellite AV's service for this transaction and the quality of the GeoSatPro products exceeded my expectations. The first thing that impressed me was receiving a PDF of the invoice via email. This makes it so much nicer to print out or save. They (specifically Brian Gohl) were also very quick in addressing any questions or concerns that I had regarding the product itself or shipping.

The 2.4 meter Dish: There is already a fine review of this dish here. After reading this, I would have to concur with everything the author said except for the part about the declination hole. I did not check that out.
The sturdiness of the dish panels exceeded my expectations. I was expecting the typical cheap, thin, stampings that barely stand up to their own weight. I could tell as soon as pulling them from the box that the panels were above par. I was also expecting the lnbf support arms to be very flimsy, but again I was surprised. This was very welcome since my dishes are out in the open without much windbreak.
Shipping only took a few days and seemed to be very reasonable at around $125 for this size of dish. The dish box was strapped to a pallet which made it easier to drag inside the garage. I found that the LNBF was packaged inside of the box with the dish. Although Brian had some concern about this being done, I found the LNBF box to be in perfect shape. He told me that they do not ship this way and it should have been in a separate box.

The C/Ku LNBF: Again, quality exceeded my expectations here. I currently have an LNBF from another manufacturer. I expected the GeoSatPro C/Ku lnbf to be of similar poor quality. I was mistaken. The GeoSatPro LNBF had much thicker walls and was sturdier all around. I was not worried about deforming the lnbf by tightening up the scalar ring with the GeoSatPro. The plastic bug cap also fit very well. The only gripe I have about it is the paint job on the scalar ring. Missed a few spots at the factory on the inside between the rings. No big deal. Definitely worth the $50 though!

In conclusion, the quality impressed me. After being in this hobby for a couple years and going through many different dishes and pieces of equipment, I can honestly say that I was impressed because the quality surpassed today's typical products. The prices are spot on too. If you're in the market for some new equipment, I strongly recommend that you give the folks at Satellite AV a look.

Das Hammer, it's good to know about the quality in the manufacture of the equipment. But, what about reception? Any results yet? Any comparisons to any type dish? Or were the results from the other review identical?

Al

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)