GeosatPro Micro HD

Thank you ke4est, Magic Static and Iceberg for your responses! To confirm, AC-3 digital surround is not available through the coax, but analog stereo is (at the same time as using the HDMI for video). It is probably time to upgrade my old Harman Kardon amp to any modern one that switches HDMI so that I can get my 5.1 surround back.

The GeosatPro Micro HD is an awesome product. I fought with my SonicView 8000 HD + 8PSK board to receive the new AMC 21 PBS channels that are now MPEG-4 without success. I plugged in my new Micro HD and had it working perfectly within minutes. Thank you to all involved with the product and this forum for the knowledge!

I have had this receiver for about a week now and i have been working it non stop, i programmed about 3,000 tv channels and about 1,000 radio channels (and im not done yet)
and it has not lost a beat, it has not crashed once and it has not rebooted once, i can't say that for other receivers i have. I upgraded to the Aug. 29 software with no problems.
All the main features are working and again i can't say that for other receivers i have. This is probably the best FTA receiver out there right now and that is my opinion.
Thank You Brian for a great receiver.
Tede

I'm brand new to FTA. Been thinking about it and reading, reading, reading for years. Just a few weeks ago decided to take the plunge. Put up a 7 1/2 ft mesh dish with a c band lnbf. Purchased this receiver and love it! Currently don't have a working actuator, but that upgrade is coming soon.

While I was looking for 107 Anikf1R didn't quite know what I was doing. I had selected multiple satellites. When the signal said I was locked in on 107 I was shocked since dish was pointing wrong direction at that point.

I did a scan and it pulled g18! after it scanned in, the receiver did show I was on g18 and no longer said Anik f1r.

I'm learning a great deal, having lots of fun and enjoying the ease of using this receiver. :)

Who is the software provider of MicroHD? I see this kind of software/screens in other models also especially from China made STB.
IS the firmware compatibale with other boxes which already running on similar software?

What is behavior when the device powers up? I'm looking at a remote application where it needs to power on and restore to the same channel it was on after a power failure. Will GeosatPro Micro HD do that?

What is behavior when the device powers up? I'm looking at a remote application where it needs to power on and restore to the same channel it was on after a power failure. Will GeosatPro Micro HD do that?
Welcome! And yes it does. I had two power failures last week and the house looked like ten police cars with their red lights flashing with all the electronics I have, but not the MicroHD.

Welcome Boardreader!!!! Yes one you have it all set-up, it will come on and revert to the channel you were viewing.

I've been using the µHD for about 9 or 10 months now and I just want to follow up by saying that I love it!
I have no complaints at all, it works 100% as advertised and I plan to buy a second one this fall.
It's been absolutely solid and reliable and it's been wonderful to have a separate tuner in my bedroom.
It's tiny size is very deceptive, you just can't believe that something so small can do so much and be reliable too.
Well, it is. And I like it.

The only thing though is the remote is hard for me to operate in the dark so I need to get some sort of illuminated remote with big buttons.
I can not see anything up close without strong reading glasses so everytime I need to change channels I have to sit up, find my glasses, turn on the light, etc...
In a well lit room it's not a big deal but when I'm watching TV in bed it's a bit tiresome. But that's just me..

In that regard, can anyone recommend a good replacement remote that has large, illuminated buttons?

Thanks for a great product! :)

Have you looked at any of the Harmony remotes? I don't have one but I know they have several models available, maybe one of those has the lighted keys. It would be a nice thing to have in a dark room.

Not complaining at all and agreeing about the remote control. I can see the buttons fine, but end up occasionally pushing a couple at once because they're so small. I wish the buttons were either larger or spaced somewhat further apart.

Have you looked at any of the Harmony remotes? I don't have one but I know they have several models available, maybe one of those has the lighted keys. It would be a nice thing to have in a dark room.

I glanced over one of those a few years back, they look cool but they are also very expensive. :(

Currently, because of the fact that I watch both FTA and D*, my bed is littered with remotes.
1. TV (HD flat screen)
2. FTA tuner
3. D* tuner
4. Remote controlled fan #1
5. Remote controlled fan #2 (I have night sweat issues :( )
6. Blu-ray player
7. WD STB thingie
?8. Ooooooold TV used for security cameras
9. Soon to be installed remote controlled ceiling fan (see #5)

I have this 6 in 1 remote someone gave me years ago but I lost the manual for it and I don't think it will support all these much newer devices anyway. Right now all it operates is the Ooooooold TV.

I would LOVE to have one remote for everything, especially the µHD. Pretty much 100% of all remotes are not user friendly when you're trying to watch TV in a dark room. Unless you pop for the big $$$ stuff..

Attachments

• IMG_4959.JPG
    IMG_4959.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_4957.JPG
    IMG_4957.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 290
  • IMG_4956.JPG
    IMG_4956.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_4954.JPG
    IMG_4954.JPG
    183 KB · Views: 311
Oh hey, I have one more dumb question. :rolleyes:

?
I made a favorites list, it has about 12 channels, I left it at the default name, I guess it's Favorite List 1.

But I find that pretty much every time I turn the TV on that the system has gone back to the "All channels" list which is hundreds of nonsense channels I will never watch.
It would be a tedious chore to delete them all. I figure the favorites list is the way to deal with this.

I never power the tuner off, I leave it on all the time so that the clock will stay right and the scheduled recordings happen as I hope them to.

But I guess it's after it executes a scheduled recording that it reverts back to the all channels list..

When I press the favorites button on the remote and select my list, it then tries to change channels to some arbitrary channel in my list and I have to hit cancel then change to the channel I want then let it go through another "Moving Dish" thing..

I'm sure there's probably an easy way around this but I seem to be unable to find it..

Thanks! :)

after it executes a scheduled recording, or instant recording, it reverts back to the all channels list
My S9 does the same. Work around that seems to be the easiest and is lot less keys than scrolling thru the sat list.
Is to hit (last channel)Recall, clear the "Moving Dish" message with menu or whatever(if it comes up), then hit Recall again.