X2 Premium Mini HD Review

Wi-Fi on a Premium Mini?
Mine came with an adapter/antenna in the box that plugs into one of the two USB ports. It looks really goofy on the Premium Mini since the STB is so small.

I got mine used for a low price, and it's worth about what I spent. Some of the controls are counterintuitive and it crashes once in a while, but even as a FTA noob I got a hang of it.

Reactions: hank123
Well now how about that, it appears the Premium Mini is Wi-Fi capable, so why isn't mine? Not a big deal for me but I'm wondering why not. No antenna in the box either. Maybe it was an upgrade in the firmware at some point. I think I'll have to check that out. If you get Wi-Fi working I'd be interested to see what the interface looks like.

Reactions: hank123
I never really went beyond initially setting it up, but here's how it looks. Apparently it still had the settings saved from when I first got the receiver, but put the antenna back in the box.

Some of the internet channels work, some of them don't. Youtube seems to work fine.

capture_20160603_120511.jpg capture_20160603_120634.jpg capture_20160603_120652.jpg capture_20160603_120709.jpg capture_20160603_121515.jpg capture_20160603_121722.jpg

Reactions: KE4EST
I've been using one of these for about a year now, was $35 on Amazon, nothing not to like about it. I do like the fact that it comes with a tethered remote control sensor that you can run around to the front of the TV and attach with the sticky tape back. Have only used it for FTA though. They did have a wood-tone style but that was not available.

Reactions: migold
I love my mini HD. Been using it for a year and a half and works fine for a $35 STB. Never tried to record or any other things it claims, but fast blind scan with a very sensitive tuner.

I have been playing with mine more everyday. Have to say I like the menu and they way my Geosat pro1200 works better.
However other scan options on the X2 have been fast and easy.

I love my mini HD. Been using it for a year and a half and works fine for a $35 STB. Never tried to record or any other things it claims, but fast blind scan with a very sensitive tuner.

I haven't tried a timed recording. I hooked up a very old external hard drive to it (IDE in a USB enclosure, possibly USB 1.1). After a short time recording an HD feed the recording failed, probably because it couldn't pump that much data onto such an old piece of hardware. It worked fine using a SATA hard drive connected via USB 2.0.

It will record to the first partition on a hard drive. I haven't checked to see if you can tell it to record to another partition, but I assume most people will just have one. Each recording seems to get its own .dvr file that points to a folder containing a .ts file (maybe more than one with long recordings).

premiumminidvr.jpg

The timer seems to work fine for setting a future recording. It changed channels to FNX and started recording without issue. Even better, now I know I picked the wrong FNX in my Titan TV listings. Now to buy a proper enclosure for the SATA drive...

Streaming to my phone (Galaxy S5 mini) is a little touchy. If I'm watching a channel then touch the left side of the screen to bring up the channel list, it'll get stuck trying to change channels (new audio, frozen video). If I exit playback and go to the channel manager to select a channel, it seems to render fine.

Anyone had problems with Diseq going flaky on the X2 after a short period of time?. COULD BE, I've got two bad diseq switches, BUT both are inside and one, the Pansat x4 is brand new. Heard somewhere alot of these small units don't have the "Umph" amp-wise to power much. ALL I'm running are a 90cm with a single output Titanium KU and the C1PLL on the Bud. No motor or anything else.

Otherwise, love the little X2 with the exception it picked up the Luken's on AMC-9 on July 31st, then lost them and haven't been able to scan them back..Did Luken go away (again) OR what could've happened to Tuff, RetroTV, and Revn? (I finally got PA and a couple others from AMC-9 bypassing the Diseq)

Does it return to normal if you reset the box?

When my MicroHD went belly up a few days ago I dug out the X2 Premium Mini as a fill in. What I found out is the same problem mentioned above, dish moving failed more than it worked and it always scanned DiSEqC port 1 no matter what port the actual setting was. I have ripped it out and replaced it with a Freesat V7. The X2 has had DiSEqC issues from the git-go and now I find it has problems moving a dish. In another thread a fellow posted a reply from X2 saying it's for fixed dish installations only, even though the dish moving functions are active in the firmware. This X2 is going in the garbage.

Glad I did some searching in the forum for more x2 stuff before I bought a motor. My box is still running "fine" (may randomly reboot on a weak tp) using a 4x1 switch on 103/97/91. Only once in a while does it get "stuck" on a port. I definitely don't want to risk buying a motor only to have flaky performance. I'll probably save my pennies for a LinkBox 9000i Local, then think about a motor.

Glad I did some searching in the forum for more x2 stuff before I bought a motor. My box is still running "fine" (may randomly reboot on a weak tp) using a 4x1 switch on 103/97/91. Only once in a while does it get "stuck" on a port. I definitely don't want to risk buying a motor only to have flaky performance. I'll probably save my pennies for a LinkBox 9000i Local, then think about a motor.
I'm hooked on the LinkBox 9000i Local. I have lived in rural Washington for 13 years and had no idea that I had 26 local channels coming in until I hooked up this box. :) The only issue is that the LinkBox remote controls my ASC1, so I had to turn off the remote access for the ASC1. It is worth it to adjust the ASC1 manually when needed.

When my MicroHD went belly up a few days ago I dug out the X2 Premium Mini as a fill in. What I found out is the same problem mentioned above, dish moving failed more than it worked and it always scanned DiSEqC port 1 no matter what port the actual setting was. I have ripped it out and replaced it with a Freesat V7. The X2 has had DiSEqC issues from the git-go and now I find it has problems moving a dish. In another thread a fellow posted a reply from X2 saying it's for fixed dish installations only, even though the dish moving functions are active in the firmware. This X2 is going in the garbage.

Hey,there,planning on getting a Freesat v7,maybe Max vers.Does it do AC3 decofing? Prob get New X2 M1 also,for the price,WTH?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 7)