BSC621-2 Coax Connector Warning!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bill190

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 10, 2007
I connected a couple of coax cables to my BSC621-2 for testing, then went to remove them to install the permanent cables. When I started to unscrew a coax cable, the BSC621-2 coax connector turned along with the F-Connector nut!

Luckily I saw this and was able to tighten the thin coax connector nut which fastens the connector to the BSC621-2, then was able to unscrew the F-connector.

So if you were to keep turning the F-connector nut and the BSC621-2 connector kept turning along with it, I would imagine that the wires connected inside the LNB would break after a few turns...

Seems to be true with most connectors if you tighten your coax down well - H-H motors, and misc lnbfs that I've tried have eventually tried this "trick" on me. Depending on the type of coax ends you use, you'll notice this right away as the coax starts twisting (since the connector is still tight and the coax won't slip while the connector is tight).

Good job catching it before you ended up cussing yourself and the lnbf for that! ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)