BSC621-2D and temporary mast set up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mongo1

Original poster
Aug 13, 2009
Western Massachusetts
I have just received my BSC612-2D LNBF yesterday and will be trying it on my 8' Orbitron dish with a Sonicview 4000 - if it ever stops raining this weekend. Will post results when I get it setup. I am a little disappointed that there are no instructions in the box, I also could not find any specific instruction manual on the DMS site or on the web. For c band I think it will be fine - but am not sure how it will work on ku, as I do not understand what "universal ku lnb" will do or not do (any one have any thoughts?). I have been "surveying" my backyard for the best location of the dish. Now that there isn't much on Galaxy 18, I can simplify my installation (tree in the way of G18). Can anyone give me any ideas as to how to "temporarily" set the post so I can be sure it is in the correct location? I was thinking of making a 3.5" hole with my auger post hole digger 4-5' deep, knocking the pipe in and plumbing it up with braces. This way if the location is wrong I can move it. I will concrete it with the recommended 8-10 bags of concrete when the location is finalized. Any thoughts of tips appreciated......thanks Mongo1

I do not understand what "universal ku lnb" will do or not do
It's just an LNB. "Universal", meaning it cover the full Ku spectrum.
It uses 2 L.O. Freq's:
Low L.O.: 9750
High L.O.: 10600

To switch from C to Ku, it has an internal DiSEqC switch:
Port 1 = C Band
Port 2 = Ku
Set your receiver accordingly.

Just an FYI, "Universal" LNBs are not compatible with 22KHz Switches.

It's just an LNB. "Universal", meaning it cover the full Ku spectrum.
It uses 2 L.O. Freq's:
Low L.O.: 9750
High L.O.: 10600

To switch from C to Ku, it has an internal DiSEqC switch:
Port 1 = C Band
Port 2 = Ku
Set your receiver accordingly.

Just an FYI, "Universal" LNBs are not compatible with 22KHz Switches.

Hmm, I believe this LNB combo does not have an internal switch, c/p from DMS Int.

"The best possible C/Ku reception from this high gain, high stability, low noise C/Ku LNBF. Dedicated C and dedicated universal Ku. No internal switching allows for better stability, better gain and lower noise temperature. You can run two coaxial lines or you can use a external 2x1 DiSEqC switch and run only one coaxial line to the receiver. This unique LNBF provides great performance on smaller dishes as well as large dishes. If you are doing the C-band on a HOTDISH90 project and would like to have Ku, try this LNBF."

BSC621-2D

Thanks for the info everyone. I was planning on running two RG6 coax lines to near the receiver and then using a Diseqc switch as I have two other small KU dishes already up. No one had any wild thoughts on my temporary mast set up idea??? I was only gonna have the mast be about 5' out of the ground for easy BUD adjustment. I figured 4-5' in the ground with only 5' out of the ground would be pretty solid?????.....thanks again - Mongo1

Unimesh 10'

Lak7 -
How old is your Unimesh 10' bud? I have one that is disassembled - dish in four pieces and polar mount removed. I am not exactly sure how to reassemble the polar mount to the dish (should have paid more attention when taking apart). I am not putting it up right away, thought I would play with the 8' Orbitron first. When I am ready to reassemble the dish could you send me some pixs as to how the polar mount bolts to the dish. One leg on the mount have multiple holes in it and I don't remember if it goes up or down and what hole the bolt goes in. Any help appreciated.....thanks - Mongo1

I figured 4-5' in the ground with only 5' out of the ground would be pretty solid?????
That's what I have, works for me.

When I am ready to reassemble the dish could you send me some pixs as to how the polar mount bolts to the dish.
No problem, let me know when you're ready.

Lak7 -
You must have concrete around your post in the ground? I was going to knock the post into the hole and put three braces on it for a temporary "try it" set up. The 8' Orbitron is not to heavy so it might work. The ground in my back yard is pretty compacted and solid. Thanks for your help.....Mongo1

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)