Bud

Status
Please reply by conversation.
dfergie said:
Try using brake fluid :) where I work it works really well on rusty stuff ;)

Thanks . :)

The motor / gear box says Venture .

Can not tell much on the screw jack . Does not really look like it is meant to be dis-assembled , for lubeing ?

Wyr

dfergie said:
Dish shot 007, thats the same mount that my 8' dish I bought off my neighbor several years ago has... ( he was a Policeman, passed on ) my 8' is identical to that I believe...

That is the mount off of the 10' dish , Dish 001 - 003 . The dish mover I am trying to free up came off of that mount . The black dish mover in pics Dish 010 & 011 . Aluminun dish mover in same pics , seems to be a dead duck . Came off of the damaged 8' dish

Pic Dish 008 & 009 show the button hook & a closup of the feedhorn , polarotor & LNB ( 10' dish Dish 001 - 3 ) .. Have not checked these out yet .

Also , I checked put the polorotor shown in Dish 010 & 011 , on the button hook . Polorotor works , supprise ! Have not checked out the LNB , yet . This came off of the damaged dish , Dish 001 - 006 .

Thanks,
Wyr

Last edited:
Dish Mover

Working on the dish mover . Seperated the motor / gearbox from the lam containing the screw jack .

Used some more lube ( CLP , this time ) to try to free it up . Some progress , will keep working on it .

Keep your fingers crossed for me . :)

Wyr

Dish mover

Got the inner tube seperated from the outter tube , on the arm .

You never saw so much rust in all your life , on the worm gear ! :-(

Time to start some more scrounging .

Wyr

Dish mover

If I can not scrounge a dish mover , anyone have any suggestions as to the best place to buy one ( most bang for the buck ) ?

Have been looking at EBay .

Thanks ,
Wyr

Side note

WyrTwister said:
Thank you , :)
Wyr

As a side note: I have not even put my new Superjack II 24" into play yet...That old no name mover refuses to die and seems to have sprouted new life! For some reason it is now breaking as it was supposed to (it was beginning to slip).

Having no illusions, I am still glad I bought a new mover. When the old one finally gives up, I will take it apart and see what is what and how this REALLY CHEAPO mover has managed to stay alive all these years!!! <grin>

gizzer777 said:
As a side note: I have not even put my new Superjack II 24" into play yet...That old no name mover refuses to die and seems to have sprouted new life! For some reason it is now breaking as it was supposed to (it was beginning to slip).
Having no illusions, I am still glad I bought a new mover. When the old one finally gives up, I will take it apart and see what is what and how this REALLY CHEAPO mover has managed to stay alive all these years!!! <grin>

To start out with , I will probably install one of the dead accuators , manually adjust the clamp untill I get due south sat & mark the tube . Then , manually go hunting for sats , one at a time , hopefully picking up some DVB-S .

Any reccomendations for a sat with digital channels , that are worth watching ?

Thanks ,
Wyr

I like IA-13 at 121. Euronews, Sportsman channel, FUSE, ImaginAsian - lots of good stuff there on C-band DVB.

Shawn95GT said:
I like IA-13 at 121. Euronews, Sportsman channel, FUSE, ImaginAsian - lots of good stuff there on C-band DVB.

AMC 4 is my due south sat , was hoping for something closer to that , but will try IA 13 , when I work my way over to that spot , assumeing all goes well .

Thanks ,
wyr

G10r

WyrTwister said:
To start out with , I will probably install one of the dead accuators , manually adjust the clamp untill I get due south sat & mark the tube . Then , manually go hunting for sats , one at a time , hopefully picking up some DVB-S .
Any reccomendations for a sat with digital channels , that are worth watching ?
Thanks ,
Wyr

G10R comes to mind since there is a ton of stuff on it for free. I usually tune to AMC3 (for FTA) since PBS is there and transmitting in AC3. Suggest Lyngsat.com to see what else catches your attention.

Whoops....just realized you are after C band DVB,,,I gave you KU!!! Sorry
jeff

There are some decent channels on AMC 4 including the NBC feeds, and if you like older programming (stuff from the 50-60's like flipper, etc. ) there is quite a bit of that there also on the sky angel mux.

It's easy to mount a linear actuator upside down. I've seen installation instructions that are not at all clear as to which way is up. Salvaged gear rarely comes with any instructions at all.

The actuator will work equally well in any orientation ... until the sensor and motor have have been soaking underwater for a while. The weep hole on the motor housing needs to be orientated downward.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)