Buffalo Announces Blu-ray Drives

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
tdk.gif

Buffalo has announced three Blu-ray drives that will be available by the end of this month for the Japanese market. All three drives - two internal and one external - will support 4X reading and writing of Blu-ray discs. The BR-416FBS will come in both black and white models, and feature SATA connections. The BR-416U2 external drive will feature a USB 2.0 connection. All models use the Panasonic SW-5583 Blu-ray drive.

All three will come bundled with PowerProducer4, PowerDirector6 and PowerDVD 7.0 and will be supported by Windows Vista. The BR-416FBS will retail for 50,925¥ while the BR-416U2 will retail for 55,650¥.

Source: Slash Gear | Permalink

Good news, I'd love to see this internal drives, maybe get one for myself.
I could see in few years PC adopting blu-ray as their standard drive to play movies on the PC!

Good news, I'd love to see this internal drives, maybe get one for myself.
I could see in few years PC adopting blu-ray as their standard drive to play movies on the PC!

That and the recordable storage. 25GB is more than the 5GB allowed by single layer DVD. (Let's cut the crap. Movie studios will force dual-layer media prices into the stratosphere just like they did for DVD.)

Panasonic Blu-Ray single layer media is $9.99 at Fry's--too expensive for movie backups. However, I can understand someone using it for important data.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts