Buh Bye Charlie, Hello DirecTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.
E* uses ka? That exaplains why there HD picture quality is so much detter than D*.

The Fox News Channel HD on Dish looked soft to me. What little football I do watch, same thing, very soft. Fox News HD on D looks more HD like, haven't had much time to test things out with work and company visiting.

Jeff

You should tuck those 722 in your closet so you can watch dvr recordings.Your gonna need them every time a cloud passes overhead with directv's touchy ka hd satellite signals ?

Earlier today I checked signal strength on my HR24 on 95 (FSS Ku), 101 (BSS Ku), and 99/103 (Ka) and all were averaging in the upper 80's to mid 90's with a heavy overcast and mild "attempts" to snow. While for a given rain rate, Ka-band will experience more attenuation, this is somewhat compensated for by increased signal gain of Ka-band over Ku-band with the same antenna parameters. It does not sound like you are familiar with link budgets.

That sort of thing could be avoided easily. However some users feel a need to post I just switched from .. to .. instead of just asking the question.

So in effect they invite comments since both satellite services seem to have their fans. Both services have their good and bad points.
DirecTV = more sports for sports fans.
Dishnetwork = more movie channels and National HD..
Both services do a heck of a job managing all the channels they provide.

That information provides the experience level of the OP for those inclined to help to properly formulate their answer(s).

Dont let the Troll Twins mislead you, DTV signal is as least as reliable as E* signal in bad weather....Ive had both. The only time I lose signal, even HD, is during a bad storm, and that is to be expected. Thats why God invented DVRs, so we have something to watch in bad weather!

During Tornado season, with dtv, I guess I can watch my dvr while the tornado blows my house away! i should not have to buy an ota antenna or weather radio just for reliable weather updates! I already pay for locals! My parents call me when bad weather approaches ! that is pretty bad direct

During Tornado season, with dtv, I guess I can watch my dvr while the tornado blows my house away! i should not have to buy an ota antenna or weather radio just for reliable weather updates! I already pay for locals! My parents call me when bad weather approaches ! that is pretty bad direct

And Dish would be different how?

I just switched from Dish to DirecTV and now have 3 TVs with HD for less than I was paying for 1 with HD and 2 with SD with Dish. Sure, I dropped a few channels, but nothing that was a deal breaker. I have not looked back since. I will swear up and down that my PQ is now better. 3 HD TVs with Dish would have cost me almost twice as much as I am paying now.

You are the one that piss people off with your remarks. I apologize Scott, I'm talking about the guy that got banned. What I love about this forum is the respect and help from people that share this forum.
I wish everybody happy holidays.

Last edited:
You should tuck those 722 in your closet so you can watch dvr recordings.Your gonna need them every time a cloud passes overhead with directv's touchy ka hd satellite signals ?

Welcome to a Bigger Nightmare! trust me!

I can say the reverse about Dish. My Directv signal seldom ever goes out. I live in Minnesota and through snow or rain it works. However, when I had Dish Network it was frequent outages in any rain. Each person has there only success stories and nightmares.

To the OP welcome to a service that doesn't drop channels and likes sports.

Umm.. If you live in a place prone to tornadoes, you are a complete idiot of you don't have at LEAST one weather alert radio. Local TV is horrible at timely watches and warnings because they can't just break into a program. They have to wait for a commercial, which could be 10 minutes later. And what happens if you're asleep or don't happen to be watching a local channel, or you go to take a leak just as the crawl goes along the bottom of the screen? That's like saying "I shouldn't have to buy smoke alarms because I have a nose on my face and know what smoke smells like." But if your house burns down with you in it while you're sleeping or have a stuffy nose, it's your own damn fault for not installing smoke alarms. Same goes if you are killed because you didn't know a tornado was coming because you were too stubborn to buy a $25 friggin weather radio when you live in Dixie Alley.

And as the people of Yazoo City, MS found out last week, tornadoes can hit any time of the year - not just during 'tornado season', and they have no qualms hitting the same city twice in one year. Betcha they all have weather radios..

That seriously has to be the most piss-poor argument you've made to date.

Last edited:
Umm.. If you live in a place prone to tornadoes, you are a complete idiot of you don't have at LEAST one weather alert radio. Local TV is horrible at timely watches and warnings because they can't just break into a program. They have to wait for a commercial, which could be 10 minutes later. And what happens if you're asleep or don't happen to be watching a local channel? That's like saying "I shouldn't have to buy smoke alarms because I have a nose on my face." But if your house burns down with you in it while you're sleeping, it's your own damn fault for not installing smoke alarms. Same if you are killed because you didn't know a tornado was coming because you were too stubborn to buy a $25 friggin weather radio when you live in Dixie Alley.

:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha

Umm.. If you live in a place prone to tornadoes, you are a complete idiot of you don't have at LEAST one weather alert radio. Local TV is horrible at timely watches and warnings because they can't just break into a program. They have to wait for a commercial, which could be 10 minutes later. And what happens if you're asleep or don't happen to be watching a local channel? That's like saying "I shouldn't have to buy smoke alarms because I have a nose on my face and know what smoke smells like." But if your house burns down with you in it while you're sleeping or have a stuffy nose, it's your own damn fault for not installing smoke alarms. Same goes if you are killed because you didn't know a tornado was coming because you were too stubborn to buy a $25 friggin weather radio when you live in Dixie Alley. And as the people of Yazoo City, MS found out last week, tornadoes can hit any time of the year - not just during 'tornado season', and they have no qualms hitting the same city twice in one year. Betcha they all have weather radios..

And there have been some doozies!

That explains a lot.

I apologize Scott, I'm talking about the guy that got banned. What I love about this forum is the respect and help from people that share this forum.

The "installer" that got banned last night went beyond flaming and figured getting his point across by swearing would make us listen. I guess he learned otherwise.

The "installer" that got banned last night went beyond flaming and figured getting his point across by swearing would make us listen. I guess he learned otherwise.

Just a vacation, or will we not have the pleasure of his company again?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts