Buh Bye Charlie, Hello DirecTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Man, the more I read that post, the more I get a kick out of it. Its not my fault if I am not prepared for a tornado, it is Directvs duty.
Classic.

Ok, ill stop now. lol
And his mommy and daddy have to make sure he is aware too.

Now we know why he is "Big". He is now a "big boy"

Stop it pro dtv trolls. I live 3 miles from my parents house and i bet i could set your house inside of mine, twice , and still have room to live .

pro-direct trolls go somewhere else!

Big, do you still have D*?
If so, I will ask, just as I ask many that constantly complain and are obviously not happy, why do you not cancel and get something else?

If you dont, then why do you constantly troll the D* forums? Surely your advice and comments would be better suited for the service that you do currently have? I am sure there is a forum here to accommodate you.....The War Zone comes to mind for the majority of your posts.

Here, check it out.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-vs-directv-war-zone/

Stop it pro dtv trolls. I live 3 miles from my parents house and i bet i could set your house inside of mine, twice , and still have room to live .

BAHAHAH! Not one word defending the stupidity of his tornado argument after I ripped it apart, now it's "I don't live in mommy's basement, I have a house and it's bigger than yours! Nya nya!" And WE'RE the trolls?! :haha

How manly of you........

It is amazing what you can buy on mommy's and daddy's dollar.

Everybody, sing along with me, "Mommy...Wow! I'm A Big Boy Now!"

So almost a week later I'm more than happy with my switch. I can't say that I have any complaints other than one minor gripe. My gripe is that when I setup a series recording for say a program at 11:00pm, rather than it recording that series at 11:00 it wants to record it if it comes on earlier, say at 8:00pm. This mainly comes up on channels like Discovery, TLC, History, etc that repeat the prime time programs later at night. Anyone have a solution for that? There are certain shows that I like to record when I'm asleep and it keeps trying to record them earlier on its own.

My wife and I love the Whole Home DVR. Wouldn't mind it having an option to sort recordings by DVR rather than lumping them all together in one giant list. (Perhaps I'm just overlooking that option) Kind of a pain to scroll through stuff on my wife's DVR just to find something that is on mine.

When I called Dish to cancel my service the rep said I needed to send my owned LNBs to Dish, I told him that wasen't happening anytime soon since I installed and bought and paid for everything Dish related I have ever had. Took a few minutes but he finally relented and confirmed that I indeed did own my equipment.

Anyway that's all for now.

So almost a week later I'm more than happy with my switch. I can't say that I have any complaints other than one minor gripe. My gripe is that when I setup a series recording for say a program at 11:00pm, rather than it recording that series at 11:00 it wants to record it if it comes on earlier, say at 8:00pm. This mainly comes up on channels like Discovery, TLC, History, etc that repeat the prime time programs later at night. Anyone have a solution for that? There are certain shows that I like to record when I'm asleep and it keeps trying to record them earlier on its own.
I havent found anything to fix that either other than manual timers (well finding the later showing and hit record). I'm in the same boat with shows on A&E, TruTV etc where the show is on at say 8:30 and again 4 hours later and I'd prefer the later recording instead.

My wife and I love the Whole Home DVR. Wouldn't mind it having an option to sort recordings by DVR rather than lumping them all together in one giant list. (Perhaps I'm just overlooking that option) Kind of a pain to scroll through stuff on my wife's DVR just to find something that is on mine.

it does do folders if there is more than one episode of a program on there. But otherwise its oldest at the bottom and newest at top

All you have to tell Dish is that the dish is on the roof and you aren't climbing up there to get it. Works even if you don't own it. ;)

When I called Dish to cancel my service the rep said I needed to send my owned LNBs to Dish, I told him that wasen't happening anytime soon since I installed and bought and paid for everything Dish related I have ever had. Took a few minutes but he finally relented and confirmed that I indeed did own my equipment.

Anyway that's all for now.

That's interesting but their policy is not consistent. I fired DN a few months after they had they brought and installed a 1000.4 EA dish at no cost to me and they did not ask for anything back. Maybe I should take it down and sell it on Ebay.

I just move the late night repeating shows lower on the prioritizer list. This insures that the 8-11pm only shows will record ahead of repeating shows.

Found a solution. Under Options in the List menu the very bottom choice gives you the option to view only local recordings only in your list. That did the trick for now, while it does hide her list completely from my list at least I know that with a few remote button pushes I can see her list again and watch something off of her DVR, which is the important thing.

Starting to get the channel numbers memorized. My wife has her guide customized and one day I'll get around to customizing mine.

I just move the late night repeating shows lower on the prioritizer list. This insures that the 8-11pm only shows will record ahead of repeating shows.

but that doesnt work if you dont have other shows to record ;) Or you have 2 items at one time and one is the program you want to record later

Today (Saturday) will be 10 days since install. So far were happy with D. The only thing I miss from E is TCMHD and the music channels.

Jeff

I just switched from Dish to DirecTV and now have 3 TVs with HD for less than I was paying for 1 with HD and 2 with SD with Dish. Sure, I dropped a few channels, but nothing that was a deal breaker. I have not looked back since. I will swear up and down that my PQ is now better. 3 HD TVs with Dish would have cost me almost twice as much as I am paying now.
I'm the opposite for some reason. Directv is the more costly one. I was comparing the Directv choice plus, and the Dish 250. What two were you comparing to get Directv cheaper than Dish? I couldn't do it with about the same channels. I would have to downgrade Directv to get Dish's price.

Anyway, with Directv choice plus and Dish 250, I save $22 per month the first year and $7 per month after the first year. Of course, things do change in a year. I'm just saying if cost is an issue, I would stick with Directv. I am currently with Time Warner, and most of the HD and SD channels pale in comparison with Directv. Much softer and darker with less detail. Some are worse than others, but Time Warner is a definite downgrade in the video quality department.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)