Bulls game not on WGN????

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Oh great!...of course channel 751 with the Bulls/Bucks game is freaking BLACKED OUT for me!

Not my day I guess...

It looks like perhaps that is how the Bulls games worked last year...however...I will be really PISSED though if they do this to the CUBS next season on this station. Hopefully this only applies to the Bulls.

since the Tribune Company owns all 3 (WGN, WGN Amer, Cubs) that would be stupid to not have the Cubs on both WGN/WGN America next year

Could they possibly shrink the number of games? probably...here is something interesting...number of Cubs games on WGN over the past few years
08-59
07-68
06-72
05-70
04-68
03-73
02-68
01-70
00-72
99-92
98-92

so it looks like (hopefully) 60 games on WGN next year...I remember when dang near ALL the games were on WGN

sorry to get OT :D

Interesting. I wonder if 665 had the game as well?

The 62704 ZIP Code is in the home team territory for the following pro teams. With HD Access select channels and teams available in HD are noted below:

With any DIRECTV base package (CHOICE or above, or FAMILIAR or above):

Comcast SportsNet (Chicago) (Ch. 665) - HD Available
# Chicago Bulls (HD Available)

# Cubs (HD Available)
# White Sox (HD Available)

FSN Midwest (Ch. 671) - HD Available
# Cardinals (HD Available)
# St. Louis Blues (HD Available)

What was the msgs on 665 or was the game simply not being simulcast there? if you are getting blackout msgs then that is telling you it is supposed to be available via other local market means. If you are getting blackout msgs on each and every possible chnl, then you may in fact have issues.

Im in chicago and watching the bulls game in HD on WGN9, Looks to be local only.

It has allways been that way except when there has been an agreement for national braudcast. WGN9 has only been avaliable in Chicago. WGN superstation is available to all. If WGN decides to air a game local only, thats their choice or it was the agreement made, then it is what it is. IF you want to see it you have a few options, Move to chicago's DMA, or get NBA legue pass.

the wgn feed wasn't on league pass but on fsn wisconsin.

What was the msgs on 665 or was the game simply not being simulcast there? if you are getting blackout msgs then that is telling you it is supposed to be available via other local market means. If you are getting blackout msgs on each and every possible chnl, then you may in fact have issues.

wasn't broadcast on csn. like baseball, bulls games are being split between wgn and csn.

The game WAS on WGN, not WGN-America...was NOT on 665 which is Comcast Sports Net Chicago...and when a poster recommended I tune to channel 751 for the "free" NBA League Pass trial....the screen said that the game was blacked-out and did a search and would not display the game on any channel.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)