Buying a PS3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SmokeFan14

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 7, 2008
The state above South Carolina
Buying a PS3- Game(s) suggestions, anyone?

In approximately 3 weeks, I'll be getting a PS3. I need some suggestions of good games you all have played and would recommend. I'm open to any genre except strategy, racing and sports. Online-capable play makes no difference to me, really. I've been recommended Resistance 2 so far by a friend who also owns a PS3. I've played Motorstorm, NCAA '09, Army of Two, Force Unleashed, GTA4, Assassin's Creed so far, so any games minus these. Thanks for all suggestions!:)

Last edited:
I really enjoyed playing Saints Row 2...... it's similar to GTA4 but wackier and has tons more stuff to customize.

Uncharted - Drakes Fortune is worth a look.

I also really liked Call of Duty 3

Right now I'm playing Fallout 3 and it is very different from other games I've played, but I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

One of the bigger knocks on Resistance 2 is that you're firing all these weapons and there's really no oomph behind them. By oomph, i mean the noise isnt satisfying, and the response of a target being hit isn't either. I played in the beta they had and agree.

That aside, i'll have it in the next couple days myself and am looking forward to playing it... the multiplayer is all 'MMO-like' and could stand on its own as a game supposedly.

LittleBigPlanet is a fun platformer with great customization, and Metal Gear Solid 4 is... well.. Metal Gear Solid 4.

I have a suggestion for you. I have both XBOX 360 and PS3 systems and my PS3 collects dust except to play Blu-ray movies. I suggest to buy a 360 if you don't already have one. They are the best overall system in my opinion.

I know you are a NASCAR fan, but stay away from the games, they suck.

I have a suggestion for you. I have both XBOX 360 and PS3 systems and my PS3 collects dust except to play Blu-ray movies. I suggest to buy a 360 if you don't already have one. They are the best overall system in my opinion.

You mean X Box.:D

One of the bigger knocks on Resistance 2 is that you're firing all these weapons and there's really no oomph behind them. By oomph, i mean the noise isnt satisfying, and the response of a target being hit isn't either. I played in the beta they had and agree.

That aside, i'll have it in the next couple days myself and am looking forward to playing it... the multiplayer is all 'MMO-like' and could stand on its own as a game supposedly.
Could you PM me or post on here what you think of it? my friend who has the ps3 was going to get this game, too. We'd both like to know! Thanks!

Could you PM me or post on here what you think of it? my friend who has the ps3 was going to get this game, too. We'd both like to know! Thanks!

I play Resistance 2 pretty much every day. Love it. I'll be playing this one for a long time. Single player campain is a lot shorter than Resistance Fall of Man, but the online play makes up for that.

Looks like I also need to figure out how to multi-quote.:rolleyes: Sorry for all the posts, guys. Yeah, I had a ps2 and I made the mistake of buying NASCAR '0something, and it blew..HARD. That turned me off on that series forever, I think. I hate it, too, because I am in fact, a huge NASCAR fan. 60% of the reason I think I'm going w/ ps3 is because of the Blu-ray capability. That's the justifying-it-to-my-wife side of things. I got rid of the ps2 and bought an Xbox and I loved it! I'll keep this in mind, though. Thanks, Ramy! PS- 16 days 'til Daytona!:cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)