Buying a PS3

Personally, my favorite game is Battlefield:Bad Company. The Single Player sucks, but the multi-player is awesome. I literally bought the game 8 months ago and I have not stopped playing it since it came out (it has not left the machine other than to be replaced temporarily by a Blu-Ray). I have GTA4, but have only played it an hour or so. I need to get unaddicted to BF:BC so I can play some Grand Theft Auto.

I will admit that there are many areas where DICE dropped the ball and could have done a better job with squad creations and associated concepts, as well as fixed some additional bugs and glitches, but it rocks and is a great way to blow off steam after a day at the office. Some love it and some hate it. If they still have the Demo on the Playstation Store, dowload the demo and play multiplayer and see if it is for you. That was how I got hooked, and oddly enough, have formed quite a few friendships by squadding up with folks all over the US. My wife thinks I am crazy.......

Personally, my favorite game is Battlefield:Bad Company. The Single Player sucks, but the multi-player is awesome. I literally bought the game 8 months ago and I have not stopped playing it since it came out (it has not left the machine other than to be replaced temporarily by a Blu-Ray). I have GTA4, but have only played it an hour or so. I need to get unaddicted to BF:BC so I can play some Grand Theft Auto.

I will admit that there are many areas where DICE dropped the ball and could have done a better job with squad creations and associated concepts, as well as fixed some additional bugs and glitches, but it rocks and is a great way to blow off steam after a day at the office. Some love it and some hate it. If they still have the Demo on the Playstation Store, dowload the demo and play multiplayer and see if it is for you. That was how I got hooked, and oddly enough, have formed quite a few friendships by squadding up with folks all over the US. My wife thinks I am crazy.......
I will definitely check it out. Thanks! Women...:rolleyes:

Just some seconds on games already mentioned. My favorites are Uncharted (Uncharted 2 is going to be phenomenal) and Little Big Planet.

Ratchet is also good, but not as good as these, I don't think.

Just some seconds on games already mentioned. My favorites are Uncharted (Uncharted 2 is going to be phenomenal) and Little Big Planet.

Ratchet is also good, but not as good as these, I don't think.
Uncharted made a big jump to the front of possible purchases. I see #2 is due out last qtr. of the year. Gives me plenty of time, then. Thanks!

Looks like I also need to figure out how to multi-quote.:rolleyes: Sorry for all the posts, guys. Yeah, I had a ps2 and I made the mistake of buying NASCAR '0something, and it blew..HARD. That turned me off on that series forever, I think. I hate it, too, because I am in fact, a huge NASCAR fan. 60% of the reason I think I'm going w/ ps3 is because of the Blu-ray capability. That's the justifying-it-to-my-wife side of things. I got rid of the ps2 and bought an Xbox and I loved it! I'll keep this in mind, though. Thanks, Ramy! PS- 16 days 'til Daytona!:cool:

Yeah I can't wait. The Clash is next weekend.....or whatever the heck they call it now.

The Clash? You're not speaking of the Shootout are you..or are you? The powers that be in NASCAR need to quit changing crap every season..

The race where all the previous years pole winners race.

I'll 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted, and LBP, but if you are looking to save some money, some really good games from 2007 can be had for under $30: Orange Box, Resistance (1), Elder Scrolls (RPG). I also noticed the PS3 port of Bioshock was selling for $30 on Amazon this week. Enjoy!

I'll 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted, and LBP, but if you are looking to save some money, some really good games from 2007 can be had for under $30: Orange Box, Resistance (1), Elder Scrolls (RPG). I also noticed the PS3 port of Bioshock was selling for $30 on Amazon this week. Enjoy!
Good to know. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks and yes..I'm gonna enjoy!:D

...if you are looking to save some money, some really good games from 2007 can be had for under $30: Orange Box, Resistance (1), Elder Scrolls (RPG). I also noticed the PS3 port of Bioshock was selling for $30 on Amazon this week. Enjoy!

Along those lines, I wouldn't be surprised if Uncharted goes to "Greatest Hits" status before too much longer, trying to generate some more interest in Among Thieves - probably not by the time you get your PS3, though - maybe this summer.

I have a suggestion for you. I have both XBOX 360 and PS3 systems and my PS3 collects dust except to play Blu-ray movies. I suggest to buy a 360 if you don't already have one. They are the best overall system in my opinion.

I second this. I also have both of these systems, plus a Wii. The PS3 gets ALOT of use for blu-ray with me, but I honestly can not remember the last game I played on it. To be fair, the games I did play were enjoyable. One was a racing game (carbon canyon I think it was), the other was Fight Night rd 3. Perhaps I should try some of the newer ones.

The Xbox 360 though is a different story. Nearly all of my gaming, when I have time anyway, is on this system, so much so that I bought another one for our bedroom. Very enjoyable.

Anyway, I am sure you will be happy with whichever you choose, and good luck:up

When you get your PS3, before actually buying anything, I'd go crazy with demos. That's what I've done... have over 30 installed on my PS3.

As for R2, I don't expect the problem i described to be a dealbreaker, if you like the concept and your friend(s) like it, it's probably a nobrainer.

As for the 360 vs PS3 stuff, get what most of your friends have. You may not care about online, but thats one of the biggest contributions of this generation of consoles... the establishment that online gaming and consoles go very well together.

I second this. I also have both of these systems, plus a Wii. The PS3 gets ALOT of use for blu-ray with me, but I honestly can not remember the last game I played on it. To be fair, the games I did play were enjoyable. One was a racing game (carbon canyon I think it was), the other was Fight Night rd 3. Perhaps I should try some of the newer ones.

The Xbox 360 though is a different story. Nearly all of my gaming, when I have time anyway, is on this system, so much so that I bought another one for our bedroom. Very enjoyable.

Anyway, I am sure you will be happy with whichever you choose, and good luck:up
Thanks!

When you get your PS3, before actually buying anything, I'd go crazy with demos. That's what I've done... have over 30 installed on my PS3.

As for R2, I don't expect the problem i described to be a dealbreaker, if you like the concept and your friend(s) like it, it's probably a nobrainer.

As for the 360 vs PS3 stuff, get what most of your friends have. You may not care about online, but thats one of the biggest contributions of this generation of consoles... the establishment that online gaming and consoles go very well together.
My friend does the demo thing as well. Even though I won't spend most of my time online, I will make use of it for sure, even if it's just between my 4 friends and myself some of the time. Thanks again, for the input.

Uncharted looks and plays great, Lately my friends and I spend all our time playing Call of Duty: World at War, if you like WWII, it's a great game. The new Killzone 2 should be a great game as well.

. Even though I won't spend most of my time online, I will make use of it for sure, even if it's just between my 4 friends and myself some of the time. Thanks again, for the input.
I was the exact same way, in fact when I got my first xbox, and the ps3, I did not plan on online gaming AT ALL. Then I tried it with Halo 3. Now 99.9% of my playing is done online.

I was the exact same way, in fact when I got my first xbox, and the ps3, I did not plan on online gaming AT ALL. Then I tried it with Halo 3. Now 99.9% of my playing is done online.
I can see that happening, for sure. That's why at least one of the two games I get, need to be good online as well as a good single player, etc. Side note: Has anyone played "Pure", by Disney Interactive? I killed some ATV Off-road Fury a long-while back and this game looks like Off-road Fury on steroids, x 10! (I'm kinda partial to anything ATV or Motorcross; game or real life) I also noticed it won some awards at E3.

If you like baseball, check out MLB the Show. 09 should be out in March. Hands down the best baseball game across all gaming platforms.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts