Buying and Replacing Joey to Save Monthly Fee

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
the fee is an outlet fee, not a lease fee, so it's the same fee whether leased from Dish or owned outright.

I thought Dish Anywhere was able to stay "internal" if your main receiver and the device that DA is on are on the same network ?
true, but I have neighbors that don't have any internet (hard to imagine) so DA wouldn't even be an option, they'd need to have a Joey.

I thought Dish Anywhere was able to stay "internal" if your main receiver and the device that DA is on are on the same network ?
I believe that you would need an internet connection to authenticate the device, but the actual streaming would be on your intranet.

The internet doesn’t matter referring to DA as a replacement for multiple Joeys. What does matter is that the Host receiver only has one sling device. One sling device equals one path to DA....

Reactions: HipKat
No, every receiver must be activated by Dish.
You can buy a Joey off the Internet and activate it yourself by calling Dish and giving them the receiver number. Yes you still get the $7 monthly fee but what you do not need is to have Dish tech come out to “install” a leased Joey. That is a $100 fee which is twice as much as the cost of a Joey on Amazon or Dish Depot.

The only "savings" you may enjoy by buying a receiver is the price someone else "may" pay you for it in the future.

As has been said, you can avoid one receiver fee by buying an Amazon Fire stick.

I did just that and returned one Joey to Dish for a savings of $7 per month.

Note that one H2 or H3 can only support one Amazon Fire Stick at a time.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I've posted this a million times, but some states have a leased receiver tax (mine does). So if you care about saving $2 per month, then that is one advantage of owning. Not wanting to debate the merits of owning vs. leasing here; just stating a fact. :D

Reactions: pattykay
I'd fight the"lease" tax. You pay the same even if owned. It's a programming access fee, not a lease fee.

Reactions: MikeD-C05

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts