buying installation cables

Status
Please reply by conversation.

eewizard

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 24, 2005
Beaumont, TX
if i do not have a nearby satellite shop that sells the satellite type cables to connect my 10' dish to my c-band receiver do i have any other options as far as a "setup" to use i can create myself? i will order something online if i have to but really wanted to get everything up and running asap.....i have seen cables and wiring sold by the foot at places like a home or hardware store but i doubt they would carry what i need....also...may sound stupid (i'm really new to c-band)but exactly what kind of cable setup do i actually need...?

thx....

I found 100 feet of new 4 leg c-band satellite ribbon cable for 48.95 (total including shipping) on that auction site. The same company has been running an auction there for at least 6 months now, cable is available in 50, 100 and 200 ft lengths. "Buy it now" price is around 48.00 for 100 feet WITHOUT shipping, shipping was about 12.00. My local satellite shop wanted 1.25 per foot for the exact same cable.

i finally found a place that has it in my area....it is 85 cents per foot.

i know i could get it cheaper online but i have dealt with these people before with other things(years ago...thought they had closed but they changed their name and moved) and they have always been great to deal with so i think i will just buy it there to get my system up and running alittle quicker since there is no shipping time involved.....

thx for all the replies...they are very much appreciated.... :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)