Paraclipse 3.8 on H to H mount restoration/installation

Hi more drilling done today i can bolt it up for testing when ive picked more M20 threaded rod up if i think its stable enough i will leave it as it is the beauty with the magnetic rota-broach i can still drill more accurately while its bolted together if necessary,

A few pictures from today you might get an idea whats going on now, the inner pole will raise 6ft into the cage roller i also need to work on top of the dish pole that will give me another 2ft,

More pictures.
DSC_0098.JPG
DSC_0100.JPG
DSC_0101.JPG

Reactions: FTA4PA
Hi more work done on the Meccano set, i decided to do more drilling for the centre bearings and ive drilled a smaller set of holes lower down no bearings here but i have use for them later in the build,

Pictures say a thousand words.
DSC_0106.JPG
DSC_0107.JPG
DSC_0110.JPG
DSC_0112.JPG
DSC_0115.JPG
DSC_0116.JPG
DSC_0117.JPG
DSC_0118.JPG

Hi the next job will be making the pivot for the tilting mechanism i have plenty of fixing points to bolt it to,

Small video of the movement, not one bit of movement in the dish pole perfect.
DSC 0119

A few pictures with the dish pole removed,
DSC_0120.JPG
DSC_0121.JPG
DSC_0122.JPG

Mesh,

Today ive been checking the mesh for two reasons condition and what way it goes on the dish, considering its age its in pretty good shape a few sections was damaged on the edges a heavy bit of pole has straightened it out,
DSC_0132.JPG
DSC_0133.JPG

After reading this its obvious that there is a right and wrong way to install the mesh the picture provided with illustration isn't very clear,
MMMMMM.PNG

Until today ive not really had a good look at the mesh but at a first glance it looks the same any way up, running your hand down both sides you can feel it smoother on one side,

On closer inspection you can see the steps in the side without the weld
Mesh.PNG

Above is smooth -------------------------------------------------------------------You can see the steps this side

I can only presume the smoother side faces the satellite the holes do look slightly smaller as well i will measure the differences and report back.

Reactions: Titanium
Started work on one part of the tilting mechanism today lots of work still to do but its coming along.
DSC_0155.JPG
DSC_0157.JPG
DSC_0158.jpg

More drilling done today, i need to brace across the rail track for extra stability ive cut more 20mm threaded rod long for the braces to fasten to, the king post can be made up and bolted on to it then.
DSC_0163.JPG
DSC_0165.JPG
DSC_0167.jpg
DSC_0168.JPG

Other hobbies have been getting in the way but ive started to think about the install, i have a few plastic mesh edge trims missing and a few plastic rib trims broken after a few hours with google i think ive found some items usable,

Mesh edge trim i have found this,
Buy Rigid Edge Trim at Inoxia Ltd
Flexible Edge trim - woven wire mesh, edging, white, brown or black pvc | eBay

Rib trim i might be able to make this work running it down on my table saw,
Smooth Soffit H-Trim (T)12mm (W)44mm (L)2500mm, Pack of 1 | Departments | DIY at B&Q

I will keep looking for something better first and use the above as a last resort.

Hi. managed to finish one part of the hinge system today a fair bit of work involved in this part i am glad to see the back of it tbh its not only a hinge its my E/W levelling system, the main bolt that holds it all together is M24 8.8 grade with a breaking strength of 32.5 ton-force metric so it shouldn't be going anywhere the four M16 8.8 grade give a combined breaking strength of 54.4 ton-force metric.

Stainless bolts are good for no rust but they are weak in comparison to 8.8 grade and above i will grease them all up on completion.
DSC_0008.JPG

Reactions: Titanium and FTA4PA
Hi more work done on my project,

I wasn't happy with the king post there was a little bit of twist in it when the pivot was in the horizontal position so ive beefed it up by doubling up on the H girder and welded it on, next job was strapping some of what ive done to the rail track, still lots more work to do but a couple more jobs to tick off my long list.
DSC_0017.JPG
DSC_0018.JPG
DSC_0019.JPG
DSC_0020.JPG

Please be careful... too much iron on your side of the pond and the earth will tip! LOL

But seriously, the mount is looking great! Thank you for sharing the build photos.

Lol Brian there is a fair bit of weight in it,

Thank you and thanks for looking in,

I run all the cables in for the build over Christmas all cables now go into a writing bureau where all my eqipment will go, the tv with the wood surround is my tv for DX the smaller one is the wife's :D
IMG_0951.JPG

IMG_0900.JPG

DSC_0159.JPG

Reactions: Titanium
Hi i am in need of a feedhorn for this build if anyone can help me out please cash waiting.
hhhhhhhhhhbbbbbbbb.PNG
Capture.PNG

Hi i am still on the hunt for the above feedhorns if anyone has any please let me know,

I have managed to pick a ADL RP3 2-2B up from Australia
FH1.PNG

When time permits and ive located parts i will be converting the above feedhorn into RP3 AZOP122, anyone done this modification and have a parts list it would be a great help.
Code:
http://www.techno-sat.ru/topic_4368c971c71a4/goods_4368c7c689eca

fdf.PNG

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)