BVN leaving 101W

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yep. The only thing I don't understand completely (and none of the online translators are doing it justice) is the 2nd sentence: Deze satelliet krijgt namelijk een andere bestemming.

Anyone here speak Dutch? Do they mean SES-1 is going to be moved out of orbit to another location (or are they just talking about their station moving -- or rather staying -- on 113W)? If SES-1 is being moved, it makes me wonder what will happen to the Pentagon channel and the Polish Catholic station.

The footprint of SES1 will be changed to accommodate a new contract for inflight data services on US and European flights. This leaves BVN without access to their viewing public in some countries. The change to 113W leaves Alaska and Hawaii out of the viewing area and some places will need a bigger dish.

Did anyone looking at BVN already change to Satmex-1 and if so how is the signal coming in. (I am asking as my signal from Ses1 is poor and hoping for a better result via Satmex)

SatMex 6 @ 113.0W is a lot weaker signal for me in Montana. But I have no problem with it. Some folks claim that transponder to be the strongest for them. It also has ESNE on it.

Thanks Magic Static, from the start I wasn't getting anymore than 49% on the SES1, I will try and find the Satmex once the weather improves but I am afraid I will have to get a bigger dish. Any suggestions to dealers that you have good experience with are welcome. Many Thanks Fuif

I can get BVN on SatMex with good quality as long as I'm careful about aiming.

However, you have something wrong with your aim if you're getting bad quality on SES1! That signal is stronger than the one on SatMex, and I'm not that far from you.

Hi Jim, so although I have a weak signal you don't think it is because of the tree's? I have these huge pines right in from of me and the signal. At least the tops of the tree's are in front of the signal. And I always thought that was the reason for the weak signal. I spend a lot of time aiming this dish but never got it higher than 49%.

Oh, it's probably the trees then. I don't remember you saying anything about trees before. I thought you were trying to say that 101 was a weak satellite and 113 would be better, which is the opposite of what it actually is.

"Deze satelliet krijgt namelijk een andere bestemming" = "This satellite will be used for another purpose" is not a direct translation but as close as practical. Source: Native Dutch speaker.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)