BYU Audio Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fizbi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 16, 2008
Wild and Windy Casper, WY
Getting tired of listening to BYU with somebody repeating "Spanish" on the right channel.

I searched the forums on how to turn that off but not having any luck.
Is it me or my CS5000 settings? I tried different APIDs, but get different repeating annoyances of repeating languages.

I tried using the yellow button on my remote to select select just the left channel, still no luck.

Any fixes for this?

green button which is language and scroll left or right to select only LEFT or RIGHT audio

I do it with a sports feed. They only use LEFT audio (right audio is cue tones). Once you set it, it sticks to that setting

3 best choices:

-disconnect the right audio RCA connector on rear of the box
-take the right speaker out of your TV
-and, finally delete the channel or the TP from your box;)

Cheers

Fizbi, are you using something for an AC-3 decoder?
I know when I have the SonicVoom hooked up it doesn't respect the Left/Right Audio selection on the Coolsat 5000/6000
The analog RCA and RF channel 3/4 modulator built-in to the Coolsat respect the audio Left/Right preference but the digital RCA and optical outs do not.

I usually disconnect the SonicVoom right audio if I'm going to be watching that channel for any real length of time.

...I usually disconnect the SonicVoom right audio if I'm going to be watching that channel for any real length of time.

meinename,

You win the prize!

A few months ago I purchased a high-end home theater audio amplifier. We listen to all the audio through that monster. It's been a while since we tuned into BYU. There was a football game last night on BYU I just had to watch. That was when we discovered the funky sound on the right channel. I didn't have a clue as to what was wrong and didn't think to turn it off and just try the TV audio. :rolleyes:

We just now tried it with TV and SAT box only and it works like it used to. Whew!

Too many options and not enough time....

Thanks all for the suggestions. All better now. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts