C-Band dish and Ku-Band dish on one receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bobvick

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Northwest Alabama
Now that I have got my C-Band dish up and running, I want to add a separate Ku motorized dish.
I am thinking about getting a GeoSat Pro 1.2M with a DG380 or SG9120 motor.
I would like to find out how I need to go about hooking both up to one receiver (I have a Manhattan) and use the receiver to control the Ku dish, and just position the C-Band dish separately using the GBox.
Right now, I have two lines coming in from the C-Band dish, one from each LNB for each polarity, as I have a Dual C feedhorn. These lines are hooked up to a WNC 4X8 multiswitch. They are going into the non 22khz side of the switch.
What would be the best way to hook this up to use the Manhattan to run the motor (I know that it has trouble with motors right now, but I am talking about after the motor issue is resolved). Would this be feasible, or would I be better off just using the Manhattan for C-Band, and maybe pick up a Openbox for Ku? Your help and suggestions will be apprecaited. Thanks.

I use a DiSEqC 1.1 1x8 uncommitted switch. This allows you to also use a 22mhz tone switch or a 1x4 DiSEqC 1.0 switch also if needed. But I may be thinking the Manhattan has more capability than it really has.??

The Manhattan can't do this yet, because it can't use a switch with a motor. My Solomend 800 handles both a Gbox and a USALS motor, thru a 4x1 Diseqc switch . I'm sure that eventually the Manhattan software will get there. There ARE disadvantages, though , to both motorized dishes being on the same receiver, so I've separated them and can be blindscanning two different sats at the same time. Still it's nice to have the option to control them both with one box.
:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)