Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dee_Ann

Angry consumer!
Original poster
May 23, 2009
Texas
Woo hoo!! Mr. Macgoo on PBJ!!!!

I am sooooo glad I finally aligned my big dish!!!!

I can't wait to see what other gems they have!

I sure wish they would show up on Titan or at least publish a little pdf like they do for rtv.

:D

Edit: OMG. I just saw the lone ranger for the first time ever. What a trip.
And Love American Style is on metv 2 !
I haven't seen that in decades!
Now I just need some Laugh In and Carol Burnet!!!

:D

Posted from my JB'd iPhone 3GS using the SatelliteGuys app

Last edited:
Dee,

If you notice PB&J is currently airing the same episodes of all shows over and over and over. That episode of Mr. Magoo going to the zoo must of been showed 65 times already. :)

I guess they are in the "testing" phase.

Dee,

If you notice PB&J is currently airing the same episodes of all shows over and over and over. That episode of Mr. Magoo going to the zoo must of been showed 65 times already. :)

I guess they are in the "testing" phase.

Oh gosh, no I wasn't aware of this. I am just now for the first time able to watch PBJ.
I was having a hard time with the S2 stuff until I had that "flop over" incident a few days ago. That pretty much forced me to get off my duff and align the dish (better). Now the S2 channels are coming in much better than ever before (still not perfect) and this morning I was curious so I decided to fore go Petticoat Junction and check out PBJ. I had never seen The Lone Ranger before so I watched it just to say I have. It appeared to be the second ever episode where he finds Silver. TLR is a bit before my time, besides I never would have watched that anyway when I was little even if it had been on back then.

I do remember the Mr. Macgoo cartoons though but I mostly remember them in B&W, we didn't get a color TV until about 1968 and it was always broken, Dad was always working on it, he was too stubborn to just replace it. I haven't seen any Macgoo cartoons in at least 40 years if not more. I recall that Mr. Howell from Gilligan's Island did his voice.

I hope they get PBJ off the ground and it catches on, I would love to have a regular source of those old cartoons from waaaaaaay back... :)

One thing I did notice that sort of bothers me, during commercial breaks they run the same degenerate commercials they run on RTV and TUFF.
That indicates to me that they aren't really targeting kids, they are trying to appeal to adults who want to recapture their lost youth.. :whistle:

That was Jim Backus as Mr. Howell and MaGoo. A long time ago, he had a tv show called 'I Married Joan' which actually was his wife. El_Viejo

Feels good when you do something yourself and have it work don't it.

I may own SatelliteGuys but tinkering with C Band (especially setting up a big dish) is something I haven't done in a long long time and I will admit I am no expert.

But there is nothing like getting it all done and being able to scan the arc and have it hit each bird you want to get. :D

Congrats!

I discovered "I Married Joan" on the new HOT-TV channel, seems like a kinda weak copy of Lucille Ball. Not really funny to me anyway.
Its kinda fun watching Mr Magoo in the flesh talking to her though , haha.

I discovered "I Married Joan" on the new HOT-TV channel, seems like a kinda weak copy of Lucille Ball. Not really funny to me anyway.
Its kinda fun watching Mr Magoo in the flesh talking to her though , haha.

Did you know that Jim Backus played James Dean's father in the movie "Rebel Without a Cause"? And of course who could forget Thurston Howell on Gilligan's Island.

Yep, got a copy of that old movie, hehe. Doesn't take too long to gather up the James Dean movie collection though, he only had 3.
Old Magoo pops up every now and then on old shows, but I haven't seen Gilligan's Island in years .

But there is nothing like getting it all done and being able to scan the arc and have it hit each bird you want to get. :D

Congrats!

I have wondered which is more exciting when setting up a BUD. Getting the first Sat locked in, or moving the dish across the arc to get the next.

Status
Please reply by conversation.