This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

C-Band FAQ's idea thread

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Looks good to me, thanks for taking the time to make up a comprehensive faq. Now we need to dig in the archives and get some troubleshooting tips in there, such as

1)How to wire up an analog/ 4dtv reciever

2) hooking a FTA reciever to an analog / 4dtv reciever

3) dish wont move? test these things ( i know we have a post in the archives that covers this)

Great job and once again thanks, we needed this

[edit] i tried to find the link for the dish wont move faq, but i cant seem to find any pages before 12-05 in the cband area [/edit]

Last edited:

Probably could use some of the posts from my thread about my problem with the 922 and the Nextcomm mod.

tdti1 said:
looks good like this.
iammike said:
looks good to me!
Thanks Guys...

Shawn;
Using a small Ku-band dish with a BUD is an excellent idea when the C-band dish mesh is too big, but we need to go a little further when suggesting this option with the 4Dtv to those considering this option.
The little dish will need a Ku-band LNBF. Since the 4Dtv cannot be formatted to C-band Linear and Ku-band LNBF, when switching between C & Ku-band, we would need to go to Options 6-4-2 menu and change formatting from C-band Linear to Ku-Band LNBF when we want to watch X4. AND don't forget to go back to C-band linear before you go to bed so the dish can get the channel mapping done while you're snoring away dreaming about Olympic Gold for the U.S.A.

AllenA1

You make a good point - it isn't as painless as it seems on the surface.

If one was going to go to the trouble to setup another another dish for Ku, then it'd probably be a good idea to switch to a C-Band LNBF on the BUD to alleviate the problem you're describing.

Quick 4DTV generic hook up instructions

Here is a quick link to the NPS website that shows a generic 4DTV hook up procedure. Click on the follwoing link or paste it into your browser. http://www.callnps.com/4DTVinstall.htm

I would recomment getting a copy of the installation manual if this is not enough detail!!

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.