c-band help please

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dannyidp

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
ga.
hello I have been having a problem on a couple of sats for instance 103w I can view one channel with a signal of 65 but when I change channels on the same sat I have to move my dish a little to pick it up and then move back to get the same channel that had a signal of 65.Is my skew off or elevation I really don't have a clue ant and all help would greatly be appreciated thanks Dan.....

Yup, More info is needed. Mount type, polar or Az-El ? (Polar mount pipe, is it plumb??) LNB's and polarotor feed or an LNBF. Model? Have you 'string tested' the dish (warp)?? Have you tweaked the feed placement for best performance??

A 6' dish on C-band is not 2 degree compliant. The small aperture dish is likely picking up interference from an adjacent satellite that interferes with the transponder. Motoring away from the adjacent satellite interference attenuates the conflicting transponder signal and the desired transponder is then received with higher Signal Quality readings.

I would make sure that the signal is peaked. Skew, depth etc. Try to get the max signal and then recheck. If you have access to a signal meter make sure the dish is pointed right and then make the quality on the meter on your receiver or whatever you have go to the highest point by adjusting the skew and depth of the lnb,.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts