Please reply by conversation.

batzzz19

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 6, 2009
los angeles
I BOUGHT THE home made polorator

but not sure quite how to get things aligned to the ark

my guess is go to 116.8 satmex5 and then down to left or right like to 61west or available on to the far east to west at the lowest ark

and get the vertical and horizontal align from those points and go from there with the arc with my 36inch actuator

the way im going to wire this up is by having ws international switch for 0khz to c bnad and 22khz to the passthrought of my vbox-x

and the wires from the vbox-x to the actuator and then going back to the vbox-x passthrough to the apc polarator

not sure if it matter wich one goes first fromt he (receiver vbox-x then the polorator or the way im thinking having the polorator nearest to the receiver

and have it on invert after set up two satellites transponder horizontal and vertical to catch an arc automatically

im plannin to put this dish i have working on the elevation tilting rod because its so rusted and im in the process of fixing that with a die of 5/8-11 from the arm on the orbitron 8.5 feet dish i bought

here are some pics of the dish ready to go

hopefully some of you can get to help me on the setup....thanks once more IMG_20121001_173411.jpgIMG_20121001_173424.jpg

My south satellite is also 116,8.
Once you get it all together, and assuming it has a declination adjustment, you set that first - about five degrees. Then you mount it all on your pole and find zenith. That's the highest position your dish will be in.

Then you take your exact longitude and note whether 116.8 is east or west of it, and by how many degrees. If your house's longitude is exactly 116.8, great, but I bet it isn't. Assuming SatMex is east or west of your longitude, you give it a few clicks in that direction. That will now be the second adjustment you leave alone.

Now you are adjusting only two things. You are moving the entire dish and mount around on the pole, as if the pole is an axle. You are adjusting for elevation.

The best way to do it is with a beep on scan receiver. Manhattan has it, as well as S9, 10 as well as others. Your receiver is all hooked up and set to a hot transponder on 116.8. You get wireless headphones and hook the sending unit to your receiver's audio output.

Move the dish around and up and down until you get a strong beep signal from your receiver through your wireless headphones. Tighten.

At this point you should be on the arc pretty well.

When I do it this way, I rarely have to readjust the dish adjustments.

A page I put together. Let me know if it does the job. And if not, where it's lacking: http://theho.web.fc2.com/BUD/9525/
Having a means of running the actuator from the dish also helps greatly. Receiver and portable TV at the least complicated. (Remote Senders, TV to receiver in house via a length of coax also may work.

thanks for your support will give it a shot because im 113 degrees 116.8 is right at the center
Nope 113 is about four degrees off. In my system, 3.8 degrees is about fifty six counts.t

I am at 117.4 degrees and I have about fifteen counts per degree. So I click east six or seven counts off of zenith. Just remember, most people do not have a true due south satellite because most people do not live on the exact longitude line that the satellite is fixed over. This is why I am opposed to the terminology.

Setting a dish at zenith on a satellite that is off one or more degrees from your longitude won't affect satellites near the center of your arc- you will get them - but will mean you will have more and more difficulty the farther east or west you aim.

"Nearest to due south" satellite is more accurate, but has too many words.As soon as I get it down to two words, I will be urging a change in designation away from "due south" to some more accurate label

"Zenith peak" satellite.

There's your two words.

Good try, but the problem is, most often, the southernmost satellite is not at the zenith or the peak. It will be down a bit east or west off of zenith.
Still looking, but am glad that I'm not the only one who sees this as an issue.

The little trick of "fudging" (another inaccurate term) my dish off of zenith in the direction of the southernmost satellite has saved me a lot of hours of adjusting and tweaking. It should be a universal step in aiming a dish.

Good try, but the problem is, most often, the southernmost satellite is not at the zenith or the peak. It will be down a bit east or west off of zenith.
Still looking, but am glad that I'm not the only one who sees this as an issue.

The little trick of "fudging" (another inaccurate term) my dish off of zenith in the direction of the southernmost satellite has saved me a lot of hours of adjusting and tweaking. It should be a universal step in aiming a dish.

That might be so, but it's still your "Zenith peak" satellite, since it'll be located the closest to your zenith peak. You are fighting a losing battle anyway, since "True South" has been the vernacular for 30~ years.

It's ok. I have both won and lost impossible battles in my life. The "due south" language got me off on the wrong foot when I first got into this hobby, precisely because it isn't for me really due south.

You've already answered your own query on terminology. "Southernmost satellite" sums it up in two words.

here are some recent pics

im in mission viejo where are you "LONE CLOUD"?
117.6648 is my longitude
33.6198 is my latitude

IMG_20121011_160517.jpgIMG_20121011_160610.jpg

batzzz, does your concrete go down into the ground, or is that just a block?

That's a pretty small post for that big BUD, if it is just a thinwall fencepost you may have some trouble in the wind.

batzzz, does your concrete go down into the ground, or is that just a block?

That's a pretty small post for that big BUD, if it is just a thinwall fencepost you may have some trouble in the wind.

WOWZER! I just looked at those pics. That dish is going to bend over and crash into the ground after your first big wind! You need a 'schedule 40' thickness pipe, no smaller than 1/4 INCH whatever size the inside of the polar mount is. So, probably a 3.5 or 4 inch minimum. You also should have around 600 to 800 lbs of cement pour into the hole that the pipe comes out of, and around a minimum of 20" circumference at the top, going into a wider bell shape at the bottom of the hole..

hold your horses ...

You don't put a BUD with a 3.5 or 4 inch mount on a 2 inch pole!
Tell us more about your post.
I'll have to say , I would think twice about a Ku dish on that pole (depending if it's pipe or conduit)!
Looks around 6 feet out of the ground. :(

The more I think about it you should change the title to "IM WORKING ON PICKING UP THE SMASHED PIECES OF THE NEW DISH I BOUGHT"

Not trying to be a jerk but that post is way too small and someone could get hurt and you could get sued for gross negligence.

i have the right post it says 3x.216 25' but im temporarely using that to see where i really want to leave the dish

i have a big slope im trying to see if i can put it up there for better reception over the trees

Whether you can put the dish on the slope is really a legal question for the city you live in. Even if it's a far distance, there are inexpensive signal amps that can be added. If your slope is say eighty feet or less of a cable run to your tv, you don't need an amp.

It's good you have the right pole for that application. It sounds like you have already done a kind of site survey and know where you want to put your dish, if you are permitted. Get that pole in where you can and get it plumb. Run all your cables and wires, either underground in pvc, or above ground.

You aren't ready yet for help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)