IM WORKING ON THIS NEW DISH I BOUGHT

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
tired of lots of cables put together, is there a cheap place i can buy ribbon cable

i need 1 rg6 with atleast 8 conductors

i believe my actuator uses 4 of them and the servo is 3 conductors

i found rg11 cable with 6 conductor 28awg stranded for 90 dollar reel of 1000ft
and or
i found rg6 with with braided condutors of 8 actually 28awg of cat5e for 100 dollars
is there something better than this out there that i can afford other than 1.29 a ft, for quad with conductors

THATS OUT THERE ON THE MARGKET?

28 gauge is WAY too small for running an actuator. You need 14 gauge minimum, but most people settle for doubled inground sprinkler wire from Home Depot, which is rated 18 gauge. Doubled, it's good enough to sub for 14 gauge wire.

Here you go, 7 wires (4 for actuator, 3 for servo): http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-25e...ord=sprinkler+wire&storeId=10051#.UIJjxWdvCSo

For coax, go with RG-6 quad-shield, and Thomas & Betts purple (for quad shield) connectors.

Please stop posting a new thread for every question, Iceberg will combine them all anyway after he wakes up. Go back to this thread and ask your questions: http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/293324-IM-WORKING-ON-THIS-NEW-DISH-I-BOUGHT/page4

As for "cheap" ribbon cable, there's no such animal. Buy a 1,000 foot spool of 3ghz swept RG-6 quad-shield cable. It's all you need. See the other thread for your answer to the rest.

thank you for bringing that up of the 14 or 18 gauge

i was thinking because they had confused me that the bigger the better

just one more question if the cable is going to run 250ft what is better 14 or 18 gauge

Believe it or not, the SMALLER the number, the larger the wire. Are you really going to run 250ft?

That's too long for even 14 ga, there will be too much loss of voltage at that length, so your actuator won't work. You have to run 8 gauge wire to push 3 amps at 36 volts 250ft with less than 3% loss.

Are you sure there's no way to limit your total run to 100 feet? If there's any way possible to do so, I highly recommend that. 250 feet is doable, but it's going to cost a fortune in cable, and everything else needed to run a motorized dish at that extreme.

I don't think a V-box will be capable of pushing the voltage needed for the actuator that far. You are probably going to have to use and older analog actuator controller, and large gauge (as I said, at least 8 gauge) wire just for the motor (power) cable alone. Then, the 18 gauge sprinkler wire can be used doubled for your servo, and sensor wires (might not need to be doubled) for the actuator.

The rg-6 quad shield will work for 250ft, but you might want to consider rg-11 instead.

would it be easier if i put a rain prof box with everything inside by the satellite and then just the receiver to the room

im just going to go with 14awg and put the box next to the satellite and rg6 3.0ghz to the room

yup, that would be better i got 120v wire

once more question

where can i find a rg11 data or where can i buy it what are the stats on that type of cable

i read that that rg11 is better at long distance instead of rg6

If I had to run 250 feet, I would install a box at the pole that could house the v-box and just run a 120 circuit to the pole. Keep the install simple and have a convenience outlet at the pole. The sprinkler wire would only have to be 10' at most. Direct burial romex type wire isn't too expensive and you are probably trenching for your RG run anyways. Just my $0.02 worth.

Sent from my Timex Sinclair using SatelliteGuys

does anyone know where i can get an outter box to put my vbox-x in and that lets me pass cables through them in the box i will need like some extra room to put some other stuff in there too?

luckly, im going to use the wire that came with the dish one comming from the dish lnb and servo and the other to the actuator 36v. that will go in the box is the vbox-x and the home made polorator. nice setup i bet. but im looking for rg11 about 250ft.

i think the best price for that rg11 is just a complete roll of 1000ft for 100 at a nearest craigslist ad, he says he have some compression ends as well for this to work. i forgot to ask him about the crimper flush and the wire stripper.

but i hope to get a good deal since i will probably need more of it in the future

i still need that box though to put my vbox in there and stuff

I've bought a box from these guys, and it sits out at my wiring hub in the center of my dish area, and holds a DPP44 switch, a 4x8 WNC switch, and a 4x1 Diseqc switch, and consolidates wiring from 3 dishes. They were the cheapest for what I wanted, and it works well. http://www.hometech.com/hts/products/wiring/enclosures/weatherproof/

You might be able to find a good one that works for you.

ok i finally had time to take down that post that was a 2" diameter and going to put a solid 3" one for my dish 8.5feet

thanks for your good ideas.

i will post some pics as soon as next week

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts