C band LNB on feedhorn

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

PKII

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 22, 2005
WV
does the position or angle of an C band LNB attached to a Feedhorn matter? I see an option for an angle bracket in the install instructions. I never put it in a certain postion that I know of before. :confused:

PKII said:
does the position or angle of an C band LNB attached to a Feedhorn matter? I see an option for an angle bracket in the install instructions. I never put it in a certain postion that I know of before. :confused:

I've never seen it make any difference which way the lnb was oriented, facing back or front. By angle bracket I assume you are refering to the waveguide elbow. Most people leave the elbow on as it helps the lnb remain withinn the feedhorn cover. I sometimes don't use the C band elbow myself, I've found that you can sqeeze just a tad more signal without it. Although probably not enough to notice on most signals.

The C band lnb will only mount 2 directions, either way the waveguides will line up. A KU lnb however you have to watch and make sure the waveguides are oriented the same way, as it's possible to mount them sideways. :)

spyder said:
I've never seen it make any difference which way the lnb was oriented, facing back or front. By angle bracket I assume you are refering to the waveguide elbow. Most people leave the elbow on as it helps the lnb remain withinn the feedhorn cover. I sometimes don't use the C band elbow myself, I've found that you can sqeeze just a tad more signal without it. Although probably not enough to notice on most signals.

The C band lnb will only mount 2 directions, either way the waveguides will line up. A KU lnb however you have to watch and make sure the waveguides are oriented the same way, as it's possible to mount them sideways. :)

ok. That is what I thought. I read somewhere that it mattered and I never noticed before what direction it was on my feedhorns before and the new one i got will have it pointing different so. lol. I was thinking it was silly for it to be pointed in a particular direction. lol. Thanks.

:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)