This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

C-Band NPRM

Reactions: comfortably_numb
.....I wonder what those NPRM cost.
You can buy from here:

Sent from my SM-G950W using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: comfortably_numb

Considering the prices for new ones, that's a bargain if you live local and can pick it up.

Reactions: martin-f and FTA4PA
There are a couple hundred plus 4.5 meter C band dishes in the Alaska bush, there are no traditional building materials available usually "rock boxes" are used to anchor them down. A variety of surface mounts are used whatever works.

Attachments

• S8001078.JPG
    302.3 KB · Views: 153
Reactions: martin-f and FTA4PA
I mounted an 8ft CM offset on railway ties buried just below ground surface. Hasn't blown over yet! Likely not best for a rooftop though can't bury anything there unless you can tie into the roof structure somehow.
Shouldn't be difficult to weld something like post #6 with some material from a local scrap yard.

Reactions: martin-f
Here is a link to the NPRM install at the Ti shop. Added three safety chains tied into the rafters to minimize the chance of a fly-away, but it has never shifted even in heavy winds. Five years later and still tracking the arc.

When I saw this post I was thinking "Notice for Proposed Rule Making" (NPRM) FCC lingo...

Reactions: k.r.
Here is a link to the NPRM install at the Ti shop....
The only thing more beautiful than a 10-foot mesh is one on top of a roof in the clear able to see lower on the horizon.

I took one like that to the dump before my last move. I stupidly thought it would be too awkward to move cross country. When the 80-foot moving truck arrived, I realized my mistake.

Sent from my SM-G950W using the SatelliteGuys app!

Last edited:
Reactions: martin-f
To get round planning permission here in the uk i built a mobile base out of rail track, i had a 2.3 DH sat on it in the picture below, its now been converted to a tilt over wind up movable base with a paraclipse sat on it.