C-Band NPRM

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
Currently staying on the 9th floor of The Strat Hotel in Las Vegas. Outside my window there are 4 C-band dishes on NPRM's (probably for the sports book).

Never seen an NPRM for a C-band dish before, so thought I'd share :)

6317983E-1084-47B2-8AB7-486B29488FE4.jpeg

DBD762D5-698C-4F94-802A-1D5795C40915.jpeg

4FFB53CE-CD14-4278-9822-F4982C798F9D.jpeg

Reactions: comfortably_numb
.....I wonder what those NPRM cost.
You can buy from here:

Sent from my SM-G950W using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Hi a forum members is selling some.

Kijiji, eBay, and Craigslist dishes for you to take a look at

Considering the prices for new ones, that's a bargain if you live local and can pick it up.

Reactions: martin-f and FTA4PA
There are a couple hundred plus 4.5 meter C band dishes in the Alaska bush, there are no traditional building materials available usually "rock boxes" are used to anchor them down. A variety of surface mounts are used whatever works.

Attachments

• S8001078.JPG
    S8001078.JPG
    302.3 KB · Views: 152
Reactions: martin-f and FTA4PA
I mounted an 8ft CM offset on railway ties buried just below ground surface. Hasn't blown over yet! Likely not best for a rooftop though can't bury anything there unless you can tie into the roof structure somehow.
Shouldn't be difficult to weld something like post #6 with some material from a local scrap yard.

Reactions: martin-f
Here is a link to the NPRM install at the Ti shop. Added three safety chains tied into the rafters to minimize the chance of a fly-away, but it has never shifted even in heavy winds. Five years later and still tracking the arc.

Here is a link to the NPRM install at the Ti shop....
The only thing more beautiful than a 10-foot mesh is one on top of a roof in the clear able to see lower on the horizon.

I took one like that to the dump before my last move. I stupidly thought it would be too awkward to move cross country. When the 80-foot moving truck arrived, I realized my mistake.

Sent from my SM-G950W using the SatelliteGuys app!

Last edited:
Reactions: martin-f

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)