c band reception with ku lnb?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

icu1954

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2010
lower alabama
will somebody explain to me how i can be getting c band reception with a ku lnb? i was messing around with my 6 footer that i rigged a ku lnb offset to the c band lnb,so i decided to change my ku settings to 5150-5750 and do a blind scan. and came up with every thing on 99w and 101w which i was already getting bleedover from 99w onto 101w when i have my primary lnb centered on 101w.it also picked up the little that's on 93w ku.So it picked up c band and ku band off of this ESX521....explain this to me:rolleyes:

You would still get most everything on the Ku band, it is just that the Frequencies would be all wrong. You will not get anything on C-band.

Iceberg said:
you're not

To expand...it's not possible to get C Band with a Ku LNB. Frequencies don't match, L.O. doesn't match.

Check, double check and check again!

will somebody explain to me how i can be getting c band reception with a ku lnb? i was messing around with my 6 footer that i rigged a ku lnb offset to the c band lnb,so i decided to change my ku settings to 5150-5750 and do a blind scan. and came up with every thing on 99w and 101w which i was already getting bleedover from 99w onto 101w when i have my primary lnb centered on 101w.it also picked up the little that's on 93w ku.So it picked up c band and ku band off of this ESX521....explain this to me:rolleyes:

If you supply power to both the C-band and Ku-band lnbs on the same dish at the same time and the incoming IF path to the receiver is common (after a Diseqc switch) you will receive the strongest of the IF signals showing up whether C or Ku.

For instance this happens when using a 922 to power both lnbs (both always on) rather than using a Diseqc to limit the power to the one intended to be used.

Not sure your exact situation but in my case I modified my Pansat 9200hd and 9500hdx to provide 19vdc for both vertical as well as horizontal and used a Diseqc switch to turn on only one lnb at a time. The Diseqc switch does not block IF from lnbs.

i decided to change my ku settings to 5150-5750 and do a blind scan

Your receiver does not know it is connected to ku or C. You have to tell it what it is receiving. Since you lied to it, it incorrectly displays all the frequencies that you receive.

Both C and Ku LNB outputs are L-band, That's what your receiver picks up. Entering the local oscillator frequency only determines the frequency readout. You can enter almost any number there and still get all your channels, they will just show up on the wrong frequency or band unless you enter the proper LNBF LO.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts