C-h-e-a-t-e-r-s

We always supported our team and packed the old Municipal Stadium to its capacity limits every Sunday before the team moved...

That is absolutely false. Cleveland's home schedule from the early '80s to the mid '90s was littered with blackouts. The game that I attended there in 1992 was 14,000 short of capacity and was not on local TV.

Huh? Are you kidding me? Apparently, YOU are the one who knows very little about Football. :rolleyes: If you had any sense of the history of the NFL, you would easily know that Cleveland Brown's fans are among the most loyal fans in the entire league! We always supported our team and packed the old Municipal Stadium to its capacity limits every Sunday before the team moved and still do currently. We've stuck with our team through thick and thin and the move was under no fault of the fans. Instead it was more of a political move with Modell and company. I realize this is hard for you to understand as Boston is just starting to become acquainted with the game of football and all. :rolleyes:

I remember the level of passion that the Patriots inspired amongst fans before they started winning: none. This was a team that was all but set to move to Hartford and no one in Boston blinked. Even when they went to the Super Bowl in 1997 no one in New England cared. No one even really started rooting for them until they won their second Super Bowl and could legitimately claim to be a dynasty. But yeah, all you bandwagon Pat's fans are die-hard now that they're good, even if it comes in the form of cheating. Congratulations. :clap....

First off. The Browns fans supported the Browns when Bernie Kosar showed up. Forgive me if Im wrong but I dont remember the Sipe era having the same support.

You talk about Pats fans doing nothing about moving to Hartford, which the Pats didnt do, yet exhonerate Browns fans for allowing Modell to move the team.

Bottom line is Pats fans kept their team, Browns fans lost theirs. I didnt see a Browns fan step up and buy the team did I?

As a matter of fact you have it all wrong regarding the Pats, the Pats were going to leave for St. Louis when a season ticket holder, a fan, Robert Kraft bought the team to keep them in Foxboro. Hartford, was used later as a pawn to try and get Boston to cooperate with building a new stadium and the NFL went as far as declaring Providence the host of the 96 AFC Championship to pressure the lawmakers.

By the way do you think your Browns cheated when Bill was the HC there? How bout when he was with the Giants, or the Jets? You think it only started when he was here?

Owners move for all sorts of reasons. Take the Cardinals. Bidwell wasn't happy that he wasn't getting a Stadium right that second (and St. louis always supported the team).

So he moved on a promise that didn't even fulfill itself till last year. A new stadium.

They had mentioned that the Rams were for sale, and St. louis went nuts, but it turns out that the owner will only sell to a group that is interested in keeping the team here.

Which they couldn't leave till 2015 anyway, (as an early out), but could be forced to stay till 2025 if the Dome was upgraded to be in the top 25% of all stadiums by 2015.

Citie's response, and they moved fast, Dump 50 million to upgrade suites this year and another 150 by the year 2015 to keep them there.

The point is owners just do what they want anyway, so saying Model would have kept them there is like saying the Colts would still be in Baltimore. Or the Dodgers in Brooklyn

That is absolutely false. Cleveland's home schedule from the early '80s to the mid '90s was littered with blackouts. The game that I attended there in 1992 was 14,000 short of capacity and was not on local TV.

If you are going to challenge a post of mine, please back it up with facts. Here's a link to the All-Time Attendance Records of the Browns. Do the math. Those are some dedicated fans, considering the lousy season we've been through in the past.

Keep in mind that after 1978, when the old Municipal Stadium was renovated, it held a maximum capacity of 78,000. The current Cleveland Browns Stadium holds 73,000.

First off. The Browns fans supported the Browns when Bernie Kosar showed up. Forgive me if Im wrong but I dont remember the Sipe era having the same support.

You talk about Pats fans doing nothing about moving to Hartford, which the Pats didnt do, yet exhonerate Browns fans for allowing Modell to move the team.

Bottom line is Pats fans kept their team, Browns fans lost theirs. I didnt see a Browns fan step up and buy the team did I?

As a matter of fact you have it all wrong regarding the Pats, the Pats were going to leave for St. Louis when a season ticket holder, a fan, Robert Kraft bought the team to keep them in Foxboro. Hartford, was used later as a pawn to try and get Boston to cooperate with building a new stadium and the NFL went as far as declaring Providence the host of the 96 AFC Championship to pressure the lawmakers.

By the way do you think your Browns cheated when Bill was the HC there? How bout when he was with the Giants, or the Jets? You think it only started when he was here?

Sorry, the average football fan isn't a billionaire. For you to say the fault of the "move" was because the Brown's fans allowed it is just plain wrong. Sorry we didn't have a rich guy step in and "save" the franchise. But, please don't blame the fans, as it was in no fault their own.

Sorry, the average football fan isn't a billionaire. For you to say the fault of the "move" was because the Brown's fans allowed it is just plain wrong. Sorry we didn't have a rich guy step in and "save" the franchise. But, please don't blame the fans, as it was in no fault their own.

You wanted to say the Pats were leaving for Hartford because of lack of fan support and I pointed out how dedicated their fans are! You cant get more supportive than that can you? :D:p

Settle down though. I was a huge Bernie fan. Sat in the dog pound. Wanted my room painted Orange and Brown as a 12 yold, (the Siper era, red right 88) and when I made my real estate company logo I made sure it was Orange.

All Im saying is, the Pats were caught and punished. If you dont like the punishment, complain to the commissioner.

I hate the whole mess. I have no clue how much affect the taping of signals had on the game.

Actually let me correct myself. Recording signals is fine. I believe the issue was with the type of equipment used. You can film from the endzone, but you cant film from the sideline. You can take write the signals down, use binoculars and all that, from the sideline, but you cant record them to syncronize with the play because it is too easy to decipher(right?).

I have a feeling the NFL steroid storm is going to roll in and taint a lot more players and legacies then we can imagine.

You wanted to say the Pats were leaving for Hartford because of lack of fan support and I pointed out how dedicated their fans are! You cant get more supportive than that can you? :D:p

Settle down though. I was a huge Bernie fan. Sat in the dog pound. Wanted my room painted Orange and Brown as a 12 yold, (the Siper era, red right 88) and when I made my real estate company logo I made sure it was Orange.

All Im saying is, the Pats were caught and punished. If you dont like the punishment, complain to the commissioner.

I hate the whole mess. I have no clue how much affect the taping of signals had on the game.

Actually let me correct myself. Recording signals is fine. I believe the issue was with the type of equipment used. You can film from the endzone, but you cant film from the sideline. You can take write the signals down, use binoculars and all that, from the sideline, but you cant record them to syncronize with the play because it is too easy to decipher(right?).

I have a feeling the NFL steroid storm is going to roll in and taint a lot more players and legacies then we can imagine.

Most likely , Proly Tod Stusse from the Rams (he was already under suspsion)

Brewski from the Patriots. and various others.

Pat's Cheating Again!

New England used players on the injured reserve list in practices, which violates league rules. Belichick cheating again!? Tisk, tisk, tisk..... :D

Ross Tucker, a former offensive lineman who played for five teams in a seven-year NFL career, reiterated Thursday that he believes that New England used players on the injured reserve list in practices, which violates league rules.

Tucker told "NFL Live" that Patriots coach Bill Belichick will do anything he can "to get an advantage."

ESPN - Tucker agrees with Walsh: Patriots practiced with IR players - NFL

New England used players on the injured reserve list in practices, which violates league rules. Belichick cheating again!? Tisk, tisk, tisk..... :D

Ross Tucker, a former offensive lineman who played for five teams in a seven-year NFL career, reiterated Thursday that he believes that New England used players on the injured reserve list in practices, which violates league rules.

Tucker told "NFL Live" that Patriots coach Bill Belichick will do anything he can "to get an advantage."

ESPN - Tucker agrees with Walsh: Patriots practiced with IR players - NFL

Why wouldn't the player complain?

Another reach by fESPN, Hatriots, I love it.

Can't wait to go to the game October 20th, I believe it will be the most fun I have ever had at a game.

Do Moron and Meatball in the Morning travel to the Monday night sight, please, please le it be.

Why wouldn't the player complain?

Another reach by fESPN, Hatriots, I love it.

Can't wait to go to the game October 20th, I believe it will be the most fun I have ever had at a game.

Do Moron and Meatball in the Morning travel to the Monday night sight, please, please le it be.

Don't blame ESPN for commenting on the situation, blame Belichek for his countless actions that were in direct violation of league rules. Or, do the Patriots not have to play by the rules, since he is such a "genius of a coach". A lot more coaches would have that title if they used his tactics.

Also, would someone please buy this man another hooded sweatshirt and remove the scissors from his office. He just looks ridiculous.

Then how did they win with only 3 seconds left in the game. Physical domination would be show that they won by 3-4 touchdowns.

They watched for the plays they were informed of and that is an advantage. The league is just sweeping it under the rug. so *shrug*

Don't blame ESPN for commenting on the situation, blame Belichek for his countless actions that were in direct violation of league rules. Or, do the Patriots not have to play by the rules, since he is such a "genius of a coach". A lot more coaches would have that title if they used his tactics.

Also, would someone please buy this man another hooded sweatshirt and remove the scissors from his office. He just looks ridiculous.

:up:up:up

If you are going to challenge a post of mine, please back it up with facts.

Sigh. OK, I went back and looked. This info is courtesy of a poster on the 505.com NFL TV maps site.

Cleveland Blackouts:
1973 - 4
1974 - 6
1975 - 5

1976-80 - incomplete data

1981 - 4
1982 - 2
1983 - 6
1984 - 6
1985 - 5
1986 - 6
1987 - 4
1988 - 2
1989 - 1
1990 - 2
1991 - 5
1992 - 6
1993 - 4
1994 - 4
1995 - 6

Looks like a fairly common occurence to me.

I'm not trying to bust you personally HD. I like reading your posts. I'm just sick of the notion that the Browns fans are among the best in the NFL, when they're not--at least not at the gate. And don't tell me about how all their games have sold out since they came back--almost all games leaguewide sell out now.

Sigh. OK, I went back and looked. This info is courtesy of a poster on the 505.com NFL TV maps site.

Cleveland Blackouts:
1973 - 4
1974 - 6
1975 - 5

1976-80 - incomplete data

1981 - 4
1982 - 2
1983 - 6
1984 - 6
1985 - 5
1986 - 6
1987 - 4
1988 - 2
1989 - 1
1990 - 2
1991 - 5
1992 - 6
1993 - 4
1994 - 4
1995 - 6

Looks like a fairly common occurence to me.

I'm not trying to bust you personally HD. I like reading your posts. I'm just sick of the notion that the Browns fans are among the best in the NFL, when they're not--at least not at the gate. And don't tell me about how all their games have sold out since they came back--almost all games leaguewide sell out now.

#1.) I was simply saying that the fans weren't the reason the Brown's moved. I can find no evidence on how many games they "sold-out" throughout their history. But, again, if you do the math and look at the home attendance (past link I provided) and divide by the number of home games, you will find a very impressive average attendance number. Google: "best fans in the NFL" and you will find many sources with the Brown's fans as #1 in many different qualifying factors.

#2.) I have an issue with the list you provided from this "poster" on another site. First off, let's reference 1986 for example. The Browns were coming off an 8-8 season with Bernie at QB, Kevin Mack in the backfield and Newsome at TE. We went 12-4 that season! I don't see any way we had SIX blackouts during a 12-4 season. No way.

I wonder if maybe he was including ROAD blackouts for the Browns (you know, the Browns play in Houston, for example, and that game is not shown in the Houston area). There's no way we had that many seasons where we had more than half our home games blacked out. It just didn't happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts