C-h-e-a-t-e-r-s

Maybe instead of whining, you should just worry about your team getting better, or is this from "running up the score"?

There are so many levels you can be busted for on this.

Like:

1. You guys sucked worse than any team ever - UNTIL you started cheating.

2. You never won a damn thing or were on the map -UNTIL you started cheating.

3. Up until the last 3 - 5 years the Raiders were top notch and we are still mentioned in the same breath as all-time top franchises; without cheating.

BUT I can see why you would want to defend your boys so hard and turn a blind eye; because you likely would still be the same "pats who" they always were before.

Hell I like watching them this past season and even defended them when people said they ran it up; BUT now they appear to have ZERO class and were not winning based on 110% skill so it appears. I would rather lose right then win wrong. Some people just don't care.

Like:

1. You guys sucked worse than any team ever - UNTIL you started cheating.

2. You never won a damn thing or were on the map -UNTIL you started cheating.

3. Up until the last 3 - 5 years the Raiders were top notch and we are still mentioned in the same breath as all-time top franchises; without cheating.

BUT I can see why you would want to defend your boys so hard and turn a blind eye; because you likely would still be the same "pats who" they always were before.

Hell I like watching them this past season and even defended them when people said they ran it up; BUT now they appear to have ZERO class and were not winning based on 110% skill so it appears. I would rather lose right then win wrong. Some people just don't care.

True on all counts. It sucks when youre a Pats fan and get stabbed in the back by your own team!

However, this Matt Walsh stuff is nothing new! There is nothing new here that we didnt already know about.

Like:

1. You guys sucked worse than any team ever - UNTIL you started Tom Brady.

2. You never won a damn thing or were on the map -UNTIL you started Tom Brady.

3. Up until the last 3 - 5 years the Raiders were top notch and we are still mentioned in the same breath as all-time top franchises; without cheating. I guess helium in a football is not against the rules

BUT I can see why you would want to defend your boys so hard and turn a blind eye; What blind eye, the Jets did it to the Pats, and the Pats just told them to stop, Didn't have to go the snitching route like they did.because you likely would still be the same "pats who" they always were before. Sold out every game the 4 seasons prior to Belichick.

Didn't the Patriots reach a Super Bowl and make the playoffs in the years BEFORE this took place?
(1994-1998)

True, look I was a season ticket holder during those years. Left after Pete Carrolls second year.

Anyway, I dont care if everyone was doing it being a Pats fan was great before spygate.

See we did things the right way. We didnt have off field troubles, we didnt have cap issues. We were snobby about it all.

We used to say why doesnt everyone do it the Pats way.

No its all tainted. I dont care if everyone was doing it we were supposed to be the team that was above it all.

It sucks, but its true, the Pats cheated. No use fighting it.

In the words of Dennis Green, the tapes were what we thought they were.

Now on the otherhand unless something new is out there then can we put this to rest until something new is released.

True, look I was a season ticket holder during those years. Left after Pete Carrolls second year.

What did you fall off the bandwagon?

Anyway, I dont care if everyone was doing it being a Pats fan was great before spygate.

99.9% of us do. There is always one in a crowd.

See we did things the right way. We didnt have off field troubles, we didnt have cap issues. We were snobby about it all.

We still do, are you certain any of this made it to the field?

See above.

No its all tainted. I dont care if everyone was doing it we were supposed to be the team that was above it all.

Again, I guess you are the one, because rest of the fan base could care less.

Yeah, absolutely nothing, you can't turn them around in 12 minutes, and teams change signals every game, it was more for tendencies.

Now on the other hand unless something new is out there then can we put this to rest until something new is released.

:down

Oh yes; if it was the Raiders; the NFL, as long as Davis is with them, will look to stick it to the Raiders over anything and everything. Slowly the same is growing for Jerry Jones; and likely Daniel Schneider. Some of you guys with the Raiders (and a few others) comments; boy, must be the lack of any historical knowledge other than the last 5 years.

Last edited:
Oh yes; if it was the Raiders; the NFL, as long as Davis is with them, will look to stick it to the Raiders over anything and everything. Slowly the same is growing for Jerry Jones; and likely Daniel Schneider. Some of you guys with the Raiders (and a few others) comments; boy, must be the lack of any historical knowledge other than the last 5 years.

:up:up:up Like I said before, IF the Raiders were winning all those Superbowls and THEY would have been caught....GOD only knows hows many draft picks, fines and suspensions would have been handed out....considering the history the league and the Raiders have with them. Let's be honest here....the Pats ARE the 'favorite franchise'....and again, IF this is some of the old "spygate" so be it....old news, but is sure as hell does not sound like it...and IF it isn't....I am sorry,
a slap-on-the-wrist draft choice and $750,000 is NOT gonna cut it.

LOL....the typical lousy homer! Your team OBVIOUSLY did something wrong, more than likely WORSE than previously thought...and you wanna shrug it off and divert the attention to OTHER teams misfortures....

THIS IS A TRUE FAN:

True on all counts. It sucks when youre a Pats fan and get stabbed in the back by your own team!

He is a guy that loves his team, yet KNOWS that they are in the wrong...and has the testicular fortitude to admit...and then gets chastised by the SAME FAN BASE!!

What did you fall off the bandwagon?

99.9% of us do. There is always one in a crowd.

We still do, are you certain any of this made it to the field?

See above.

Again, I guess you are the one, because rest of the fan base could care less.

Yeah, absolutely nothing, you can't turn them around in 12 minutes, and teams change signals every game, it was more for tendencies.

Now on the other hand unless something new is out there then can we put this to rest until something new is released.

OK, I should not have included the Raiders in that question, for obvious reasons. Let's try again: Would anybody care if this was the Detroit Lions? Or does it matter only because you're winning?

Starting to look like this whole thing is exactly what I said it was at the beginning: A whole bunch of nothing.
Charper, if this was the Lions, nobody would care.

Starting to look like this whole thing is exactly what I said it was at the beginning: A whole bunch of nothing.
Charper, if this was the Lions, nobody would care.

Absolutely true. I was unaware that teams had to forfeit picks in the past for their transgressions.

But after the Pats thing, I saw that lots of teams were punished for breaking the rules in the past.

Just this year the Niners were penalized for tampering.

But this is the USA and we love to build things up and then tear em down. Right now the Pats are in the latter part. Dont get me wrong they brought it on themselves, which SUCKS, but its a feeding frenzy right now.

From NFL.com
Link: With no smoking gun, meeting results in anticlimactic end to scandal

With no smoking gun, meeting results in anticlimactic end to scandal

thomas_george_sm_headshot.jpg
By Thomas George | NFL.com
Senior Columnist
NEW YORK -- Matt Walsh swept into the National Football League offices, talked with Commissioner Roger Goodell for more than three hours, was whisked to a black sedan afterward by his attorney and then waited.
And waited.
Cameras were clicking inches from the car windows, peering inside where Walsh sat. He is a thin, lean wisp of a guy and looked dazed -- yet serene -- before he entered the backseat of the sedan. He looked ready to bolt. Ready to bounce.

m_walsh_080513_03_IA.jpg

Chris Trotman / Getty ImagesFormer New England Patriots video assistant Matt Walsh leaves the NFL league offices after meeting with Commissioner Goodell. But he waited.
The car could barely move an inch from in front of the NFL offices. New York traffic often ensnarls the pressed, the rushed, the masses. Walsh was boxed in, at the mercy of the photographers and TV cameramen. No quick exit. No quick mercy.
Sort of like the way his meeting went with Goodell.
Here Walsh was finally on Park Avenue, ready to spill it, and the expectations were that he could push the story surrounding the Patriots' videotaping scandal farther. Much farther. Walsh supposedly had smoking guns. In this instance, he supposedly had pictures, video, worth more than a million words.
In the end, though, no video of a Rams Super Bowl walkthrough.
No evidence of bugged locker rooms.
No manipulation of communication systems.
No crowd noise shenanigans.
No audio of live quarterback play-calling.
By the time Goodell reviewed his list of what was not there, of what Walsh could not corroborate, of what the Patriots had been charged and rumored to have clandestinely accomplished, the result was more fizz than sizzle.
Walsh told Goodell the Patriots players scalped eight to 12 Super Bowl tickets over two years. Walsh said they used a player on injured-reserve in a practice.
Goodell said thank you very much. We will investigate.
And you just heard the door shut on this story.
It’s over and it should be over. Goodell said correctly, if even in exasperation, "I don’t know where else I could turn."
Basically, the videotaping scandal turned into a coronation of the worst of Bill Belichick, and that’s about it. It revealed that Belichick uncovers several stones -- including illegally taping other team’s signals -- in his preparation. It showed that Belichick likely lied about his interpretation of the rules and why he did it (even Goodell admitted he never bought Belichick’s explanation then, or now, that the coach thought he could tape the signals but simply not use them in that game).
Commissioner meets with Walsh

» George: Anticlimactic end to scandal
» Meeting uncovers no new violations
» Transcript of Goodell's press conference
» Timeline of videotaping scandal
» Video: Goodell's news conference
» Video: Goodell on Walsh tapes
» Video: 'No further sanctions'
» Video: Analyzing the Walsh tapes
» Video: Recap of Goodell's visit with Walsh

Unless a new source or new information comes forth, this story is cooked.
Oh, and another thing about Belichick.
Goodell said that Walsh referred to Belichick as "The man behind the curtain."
Priceless.
Belichick brought the integrity of the Patriots and the validity of their three Super Bowl championships under question. He took the focus off the players’ accomplishments and onto a seedier side of football. He and the Patriots suffered league-record fines and lost a first-round draft pick. He was initially cocky and arrogant about it.
But what Walsh did here today was reveal that for all of Belichick’s misdeeds, he was not the cheater-driven coach that he has been portrayed. That his sins were real but did not run as deeply as advertised.
That means plenty to the Patriots family. To Patriots ownership.
This day could have been a complete disaster.
Only a few weeks ago at the NFL annual meeting in West Palm Beach, Fla., Belichick and Patriots owner Robert Kraft stood and apologized to their peers for this scandal. The response was applause.
Videotaping scandal timeline

Starting back in 2000, hitting its nadir in 2007 and continuing well into 2008, the Patriots' videotaping scandal reaches a climatic moment Tuesday when former Patriots video assistant Matt Walsh meets with Commissioner Roger Goodell. Here is a complete timeline of the events surrounding the controversy.

Imagine the fallout had Walsh delivered something more dangerous, more devilish?
Everyone in the Patriots organization just exhaled.
Every Patriots fan, too. Every high-ranking league official.
Actually, we all can. And let it go.
This story wound up being more about hard-headedness and arrogance than about excessive cheating and lousy cheaters.
Walsh wound up boxed in.
Everybody left with plenty to contemplate.
Was it worth it?
The truth always is.

Cartman: While I am gone practice your Media Forgiveness speech, "It's not that big a Deal"

They are completely bypassing what the League lawyer said not 15 minutes later. that Walsh was at the walk through, but not taping it, and that he did tell coaches on the Patriots side several formations. Including Marshal in a kick return formation.

Remember that game was decided by a field goal with 3 seconds left on the clock. 1 play does make a difference in this case.

This is all just whining from other team's "fans" pathetic...

(and I'm very much NOT a Pats fan - I curse them nearly every time I go to a UConn football game, as we could be playing in a dome in Hartford if not for Kraft!)

This is all just whining from other team's "fans" pathetic...

(and I'm very much NOT a Pats fan - I curse them nearly every time I go to a UConn football game, as we could be playing in a dome in Hartford if not for Kraft!)

I guarantee if you were on the other side of the St. louis/Pats superbowl and this kind of evidence was out there you would be crying bloody murder:cool:.

Cartman: While I am gone practice your Media Forgiveness speech, "It's not that big a Deal"

They are completely bypassing what the League lawyer said not 15 minutes later. that Walsh was at the walk through, but not taping it, and that he did tell coaches on the Patriots side several formations. Including Marshal in a kick return formation.

Remember that game was decided by a field goal with 3 seconds left on the clock. 1 play does make a difference in this case.

The Patriots physically beat the sh*t out of the Rams in that game, The defense won them that game and a 2 minute drill, which has nothing to do with a walkthrough being watched. Why didn't the genius Martz have them removed. If the Rams did not know until Saturday what they were doing Sunday, than they were under prepared. Martz is an idiot and the reason the Rams lost.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts