*C in Arizona

joshuals

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Recently purchased *C using broker in CA and hardware provider from WI. Since only interested in French programming, bought a 85cm elliptical dish with single LNBF to point at Anik F2. Hired local installer (in AZ) to point mount dish & point. DSR315 receiver pre-authorized for my programming and working, but programming I am receiving is listed as being from Anik F1R. Not receiving any programming in my package listed as being from Anik F2. Satellite shows as A4 with 70 signal strength. Satellite ID=94 in diagonistics.

Here's my question(s). Did my installer mistakenly point dist to Anik F1 instead of Anik F2? Maybe dish just needs to be repointed to the other satellite to receive programming I want?????? What is the current satellite designation for Anik F2, if the A4 is not correct? Should I expect success with an elliptical dish and single LNBF pointed at only satellite?

See if you are getting signal on 420 (NFL Network)/558 (ETWN)/PPV 233 channels. If you are not, he has pointed the dish at F1R

EWTN is 559 but if he doesnt subscribe to those channels, he wont see them.

I think the only preview channel on F2 is 260.

But check one of the French channels (NOT 700 or 711 as they use both satellites depending on which satellite you're aimed at)

EWTN is 559 but if he doesnt subscribe to those channels, he wont see them.

You can get the EcB# on unsubscribed channels with SC non 5XX series receivers.

(On 2XX, 3XX, 4XX receivers, you see it by pushing "Options", then 6-0-5. Push the right arrow key until you see "Diag C" screen. The EcB# is below the channel # with a "+" sign in front of it.)

260, 420, says " A subscription is required...etc"

558 will not allow being selected even when pushing the keys on the remote

700 & 711 work fine

Other French Channels (e.g. 750) I I paid for in my package say "Please wait a moment we are processing your request." This screen will not go away. 233 gives this same message

According to the LyngSat website 750 is on Anik F2. As a matter of fact, almost all the French channels in my package are listed by this site as being on F2, with many of them part of the basics package, yet I still get the Please wait.... screen.

All the channels I do received are listed by LyngSat as being on Anik F1. The signal strength meter screen still says A4, but I'm not sure whether that means Anik F1 or Anik F2.

I'm tempted to turn the dish myself to the other dish, (like the C-Band days!), but I think I'll have the installer do it.

I've spent two hours on the phone with my broker before my original post, but, of course there are limitations to this for obvious reasons. I believe I was refreshed at least once during this time.

A4 refers to a channel map group, not a particular satellite.

If you can see the PPV channels from 230 to 236, then your dish is aimed at F2. If you can't it is aimed at F1R

260, 420, says " A subscription is required...etc"

558 will not allow being selected even when pushing the keys on the remote

700 & 711 work fine

Other French Channels (e.g. 750) I I paid for in my package say "Please wait a moment we are processing your request." This screen will not go away. 233 gives this same message

you're aimed at AnikF1 because 260 should come in. That is the PPV Preview in French. I have a dish aimed at F1 only and when I hit 260 I get another channel (whatever is on the same transponder oin F1)....that is why you are getting the message you are.

700 & 711 work on BOTH satellites. They are the "must carry" (so to say) French channels. English Essentials have those 2 and they put them on both satellites. They will show on F1 UNLESS you have a dish aimed at F2 only. Then those 2 show up there. The dish needs to me moved 4 degrees WEST of where you are right now

F2 numbers for Phoenix

elevation of dish-51
azimuth (where in the sky to point) 166
skew is -1.5

F1 numbers are real close so you need to move it 4 degrees west. Bring up channel 260 and unless its a HD box, hit "options, 6-0-5 right arrow to diagnostic C". Right now it probably shows a + number in the right corner. Loosen the bolts on the dish by the mast and move the dish west (to the right) and the number on the screen will go to -1.0. Move the dish slowly and pretty soon the number will be a + again. Then you will be on F2. Try and get the highest number you can. I can get about a +9.5 right now in MN. +7.5 or higher is great

Thank you all for your help.

A sheepish installer returned yesterday and repointed the dish from F1R to F2, which was what I had asked him to do in the first place. Everything is fine now, although, referreing to Iceberg's comment above, 700 & 711 are gone, but I expected this, if the info on lyngsat.com is correct. So be it. There are enough SRC & TVA channels without them.

Because I'm a land surveyor, because I used to have a manually-acutated C-band dish, and because our house faces geodetic south/north to within a few minutes of arc (this is common in the southwest US), I could tell by eye that the dish was pointed too far east to be on F2....

Thanks again.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts